theWord 3.2 available

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
Polo

Re: theWord 3.2 available

Post by Polo »

Mitsar wrote:
Polo wrote:Thank You very much Costas. I especially love the new support for upto 6 consecutive Strong's Numbers!
:shock:
Where can I find that function Polo?
Hi Mitsar, Costas is working on a way to easily display this, and will give more information about it soon.

Polo
Mitsar

Post by Mitsar »

Phew, that makes me feel less stupid :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info Polo.
And above all thanks for the great software.
It compares very well to other free software and software that costs $700 and up...
JG

Post by JG »

Polo wrote:
Mitsar wrote:
Polo wrote:Thank You very much Costas. I especially love the new support for upto 6 consecutive Strong's Numbers!
:shock:
Where can I find that function Polo?
Hi Mitsar, Costas is working on a way to easily display this, and will give more information about it soon.

Polo
Hi, I am confused by what you are saying, as the ability to display 6 Strong's numbers in a popup has been there since version 3.2

Maybe your expectation was different?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Polo

Post by Polo »

JG wrote: Hi, I am confused by what you are saying, as the ability to display 6 Strong's numbers in a popup has been there since version 3.2

Maybe your expectation was different?
Hi JG,
We are talking about displaying upto 6 consecutive Strong's numbers right? Take for example, the Hebrew term שחר (shakar) which represents the time of dim light just prior to or at the very beginning of dawn. If you want to document it in the Book View notes, and explain it using the Strong's Dictionary, you would point it to SEC, Heb. #7835–7838. On MouseOver, a single popup should then give you #7835 and its explanation, #7836 & explanation, #7837 & explanation, and #7838 and explanation, one below the other. This is not possible in the current version (as the ability to add multiple targets to a single link is not yet supported), and this is what I meant.
Costas agreed to add it to his todo list, and to create a way to easily display such consecutive numbers.

Polo
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, I can see that there might be some confusion on my part. But perhaps not.
@Costas
Can you clarify, please.
Thanks, Costas.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This feature (6 consecutive strongs) is the ability to encode in a Bible file (.ont file), six consecutive strong numbers for a single word. In the case where the strong numbers are hidden, then hovering over the word will show all six numbers in the popup.
There are very few words in the Bible with this feature (e.g. so many strong words to a single 'translated' word)
This is not the ability to have in a single link multiple targets,
Costas