theword.gr changed to theword.net - Call for updates

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

theword.gr changed to theword.net - Call for updates

Post by csterg »

Hello everyone,
for some time now, the domain theword.net has been used as an alternate domain of theword.gr

As of yesterday the official domain of theWord is the theword.net.

All links and pages of theword.gr now redirect to the same page at theword.net. The same applies for the forum also, whose main address is now forum.theword.net. All e-mail accounts now work also with @theword.net domain.

Your help is needed
For everyone that has a site/blog/forum that links to theWord site, I would kindly ask you to update all your links to point to the new theword.net domain. The only change required in any URLs or emails is just to replace the theword.gr with the theword.net (even a simple search-and-replace operation in the content/html is safe to accomplish this).
This change is really important so theWord site can maintain the rankings in the search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.

If anyone wants to undertake the assignment to contact other webmasters that have links to the theWord site to notify of the change and kindly ask for an update, pls post here. This help will be greatly appreciated.

Costas
Gregg

Re: theword.gr changed to theword.net - Call for updates

Post by Gregg »

This might be too late, however, if still needed I am available.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you Gregg! I think there is no need at this moment!
Costas
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

Just out of curiousity and N.O.M.B. (none of my business), I'm curious if there was a fee to obtain theword.net. Did the "owner" of theword.org and/or theword.org registrations ever monetize these domains? Did you obtain them from an auction, if you don't mind me asking.

Perhaps you might be willing to privately tell me the cost, as I recall related correspondence "way back when" :-)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Let me answer this in private.
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

csterg wrote:As of yesterday the official domain of theWord is the theword.net.
Now that several years have elapsed, I'm curious if you feel the significant time, effort, and especially expense to change from theword.gr to theword.net was justified.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Of course! theword.gr has always been a 'local' domain. theWord started as a 'first-Greek' project, yet it was multi-lingual from the beginning. Back then, theword.net was not available, but at some point the opportunity to acquire the domain came up.
For sure it was well worth the effort,
Costas