JFA-RA(Br) is not JFA-RA(Br)

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
RubioTerra

JFA-RA(Br) is not JFA-RA(Br)

Post by RubioTerra »

Hi,

The official Brazilian Portuguese Bible module available at the Modules Download section -- JFA-RA(Br) -- isn't actually the "Almeida Revista e Atualizada", first published in 1959 by SBB (Brazilian Bible Society).

It is rather the "Almeida Revisada de acordo como os melhores textos em hebraico e grego" (Almeida revised according to the best hebrew and greek texts), published in 1967 by IBB (Brazilian Biblical Press). Another year, another publisher, an entirely different translation.

This should be corrected. Here is the correct information:

Code: Select all

short.title=ARM1967
title=Almeida Revisada de acordo com os Melhores Textos em Hebraico e Grego - 1967
title.english=Almeida Revised According to the Best Hebrew and Greek Texts
lang=por
author=Imprensa Bíblica Brasileira
publisher=Imprensa Bíblica Brasileira
publish.date=1967
description=Almeida Revisada de acordo com os Melhores Textos 1967
about={\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1046\deflangfe1046\deftab708{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Calibri;}{\f1\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 Arial;}}\
{\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}\
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\sa200\sl276\slmult1\f0\fs22 A\cf1\f1\fs10\~\cf0\b\f0\fs22 B\'edblia Sagrada, Vers\'e3o Revisada da Tradu\'e7\'e3o de Jo\'e3o Ferreira de Almeida de Acordo os Melhores Textos em Hebraico e Grego\b0 , comumente conhecida como Almeida Revisada, Vers\'e3o Revisada ou Melhores Textos, foi lan\'e7ada em 1967 na cidade do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, pela Imprensa B\'edblica Brasileira, divis\'e3o da JUERP (Junta de Educa\'e7\'e3o Religiosa e Publica\'e7\'f5es). Os tradutores a consideram uma nova revis\'e3o da tradu\'e7\'e3o de Jo\'e3o Ferreira de Almeida, sendo baseada na Revista e Corrigida.\par \
Foi realizada com o intuito de incorporar os avan\'e7os na escola Ecl\'e9tica de cr\'edtica textual\cf1\f1\fs10\~\cf0\f0\fs22 b\'edblica \'e0 B\'edblia brasileira, e de atualizar vocabul\'e1rio obsoleto, que era mal compreendido ou simplesmente n\'e3o compreendido mesmo pelo leitor culto brasileiro. Utilizou o texto grego\cf1\f1\fs10\~\cf0\f0\fs22 de Nestl\'e9-Alland, 25\'aa edi\'e7\'e3o. A edi\'e7\'e3o subseq\'fcente, de 1974, n\'e3o sofreu altera\'e7\'f5es significativas.\par \
Deve ser substitu\'edda pela Almeida S\'e9culo XXI, da mesma editora, mas em parceria com outras editoras evang\'e9licas brasileiras, sob coordena\'e7\'e3o de Lu\'eds Alberto Teixeira Say\'e3o.\par \
}
Thanks. In Christ,

Rúbio Terra
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
csterg
Site Admin

Re: JFA-RA(Br) is not JFA-RA(Br)

Post by csterg »

Hello Rubia,
the Brazilian translations seem confusing; this is not the first time something like this is being brought up. Are you sure about this? Do you have a Bible to check this?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:Hello Rubia,
the Brazilian translations seem confusing; this is not the first time something like this is being brought up. Are you sure about this? Do you have a Bible to check this?
Costas
Hi All,

does this site offer any help http://www.sbb.org.br/
Is this the correct translation you can view on-line, bottom left of page.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Hello,

Yes, Costas, I do have a copy of "Almeida Revisada de Acordo com os melhores textos em hebraico e grego", hereby called ARM. You can check the official site of SBB (the one JG pointed out), and see what is the actually text of "Almeida Revista e Atualizada" (hereby called ARA):
john1.gif
john1.gif (106.68 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
Now, take look at this compare view, on the left, ARM (a module I created myself), on the middle, the ARA, and on the right, the one from The Word site. Notice that the JFA-RA(Br) matches the ARM, not the ARA.
john1 - compare.gif
john1 - compare.gif (66.63 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
I did an extended comparison between these two versions (my ARM and the JFA-RA(Br)), and both match. Actually, there are differences in puctuation but puctuation only. This must be some editting error in whatever version.

In Christ,

Rúbio Terra
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Sorry to insist, but I have to bring this matter into light once again. This ought to be corrected, it's just as if NIV were displayed as KJV in module library and the module's description itself.

Thanks in advance!
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Costas, we have to correct this error. Like I said before, it would be unacceptable to publish NIV as if it were ASV, for instance. Yet, it's just like that with this module! Actually, it could even be a violation of copyright, since this is not known to be a public domain translation even though it's out of print.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
lucasmendes

Post by lucasmendes »

The same issue occurs with mySword for Android. JFA-RA(Br) is actually ARM.

I have the correct JFA-RA(Br) for theWord, and I converted theWord modules to mySword format also.
Last edited by lucasmendes on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Hi, lucasmendes,

MySword is a different program and is not maintained by theWord staff. And, again, these modules are under copyright and should not be shared without SBB's (Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil) permission. I agree this material is very useful, so I encourage you to contact SBB and manifest your interest in seeing this published for theWord.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil