Text editor for Mac for Bible mods

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
pappytim

Text editor for Mac for Bible mods

Post by pappytim »

What is a good text editor to use on a Mac to edit Bible mods? Main thing I am looking for in editor is ability to show line numbers.

I am new to the Mac and trying to get these things figured out so I can really dig in and get busy.

Blessings,
Tim
rufinatti

Re: Text editor for Mac for Bible mods

Post by rufinatti »

check out TextWrangler from BBedit. It is one of the best free editors available for the mac. It is available from the Mac app store. It can be configured to show line numbers under settings.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textwran ... 0395?mt=12

Tincta is another free editor which shows line numbers. I use it for some tasks but it has fewer features than TextWrangler.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tincta/id448340648?mt=12
BarlowV

Post by BarlowV »

Thanks, rufinatti, for the useful links! I tried out TextWrangler and I love it! It's pretty much handy and working flawlessly.
pappytim

Post by pappytim »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on a text editor. I have downloaded both and tested both and like both. I do prefer TextWrangler over the other though.

Thanks again.

Blessings,
Tim
fireandsalt

Post by fireandsalt »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in on this topic. I've tried text wrangler and was not that impressed. I like Komodo Edit which is free for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

It handles several language syntax highlighting very well, and works with Filezilla for editing files over FTP.