Bookmark not showing

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
rdwray

Bookmark not showing

Post by rdwray »

I created a book with sub topics of Chapter x. I created a bookmark in one of the chapters and when I try linking to it, the bookmark does not show; it will link to the entire chapter. I have done this several times before with modules I downloaded.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Bookmark not showing

Post by csterg »

pls, say more about 'does not show'. Where it does not show?
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Steps used:
1. Create bookmark "MCC2_9_23".
2. Verify book mark exists with "Edit Bookmarks"
3. Try to link to bookmark:
A. Select text in module.
B. Select "Hyperlink" from context menu.
C. Select "a topic of this book/map"
D. Select book containing bookmark
F. Try to enter bookmark in "Topic/verse" - bookmark is not available.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I followed your steps, and i see no problem.
Is it possible that the book/map you link is not the same? Possible it's a duplicate?
First you have to select the 'Target/verse topic' and then, below that, the 'Bookmark' combo will show the bookmark. Do you follow this sequence?
Costas
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

The bookmark does not show in the drop down list under "Topic/Verse" as it normally does. I even went to "Edit Bookmark" (shows under "All Bookmarks"), copied/pasted and it does not show. I also changed the name of the bookmark and that did not help.

If you want I can send the book to you...
JG

Post by JG »

In the "Insert/edit hyperlink" dialog Step 1. Do you use the second target "a topic from the current module"(xxxxx)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

JG wrote:In the "Insert/edit hyperlink" dialog Step 1. Do you use the second target "a topic from the current module"(xxxxx)
The options only allow the selection of one item and I have to select as described in "3A" of my list to get the correct book. The default name in "a topic from the current module"(xxxxx) is the current module that I am trying to place the hyperlink in and it cannot be changed.

I have placed the bookmark in a "book" and I am trying to put the hyperlink in a "commentary". Yes, the commentary is accepting links, but not the bookmark I create.
JG

Post by JG »

I would suggest to make a compact USB install and copy just these two modules there and try from that setup
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Question first: The book I created has "topics" and the hyperlink sees "all" the topics but not the bookmark. The help files says "create links in modules that point to another topic or verse"; does the bookmark have to be a topic to work? This really doesn't seem right because it eliminates the need for bookmarks if all the topics are visible anyway.
JG

Post by JG »

select the Topic first from the list, then the bookmarks will show that are in that Topic
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

JG wrote:select the Topic first from the list, then the bookmarks will show that are in that Topic
Ok, that worked; don't know how I missed it.

What showed in the popup was everything in that topic (topic being "Chapter 9") after the bookmark; Example: The bookmark is for "23" but what shows is 23 and everything to the end of Chapter 9. Is there a way to show selective text in the popup?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

rdwray wrote:
JG wrote:select the Topic first from the list, then the bookmarks will show that are in that Topic
Ok, that worked; don't know how I missed it.

What showed in the popup was everything in that topic (topic being "Chapter 9") after the bookmark; Example: The bookmark is for "23" but what shows is 23 and everything to the end of Chapter 9. Is there a way to show selective text in the popup?
Yes, you can do that: put another bookmark at the end of the passage you want to display in the popup, then
select at the 'Until passage' drop down '[Next bookmark]'
Costas
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Ok, got it - maybe a little later than I should have :mrgreen:
thanks...