Bookmarks toolbar - show verse

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
rdwray

Bookmarks toolbar - show verse

Post by rdwray »

This may be over the top, but the "Bookmarks Toolbar" shows a tooltip of the verse number, is there a way to show the text of the verse?
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks toolbar - show verse

Post by csterg »

rdwray wrote:This may be over the top, but the "Bookmarks Toolbar" shows a tooltip of the verse number, is there a way to show the text of the verse?
Hm, not very easy to be honest. I prefer to leave it as is,
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

So as a workaround you could try having at your use a small floating Bible view that is set to receive verses (click the eye icon in that Bible view). Now you can just press on the bookmarks and the text will appear in the floating Bible view only, and will not disturb your other views.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Thanks, I completely understand...
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry for the bad advice, the verse target view does not work in this case.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

JG, not problem. I think what I will end up doing is setting up a "book" with topics anyway because of the limited number of bookmarks - 10.
JG

Post by JG »

I was going to suggest that as a second option.

TIP:
If you just need the current verse ref to paste into a module you can left mouse click at the bottom right of theWord window and it will copy the verse ref to the clipboard. If you hover the mouse there you will get a hint.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Ok. What is happening is that there are a lot of occasions when I know something, but can't remember where it is - happens when you get old. :roll: