the Word using Windows 8

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
Clare2013

the Word using Windows 8

Post by Clare2013 »

I´m new to this site and fórum. Want to download the Word but not sure if compatible with Windows 8. Will it work? Thanks!
csterg
Site Admin

Re: the Word using Windows 8

Post by csterg »

Welcome Clare,
yes it will work with Windows 8,
Costas
Clare2013

Post by Clare2013 »

Thanks - Will give it a go!
l_d_allan

Post by l_d_allan »

csterg wrote:yes it will work with Windows 8
Any chance that TW could be simplified to work as what used to be called a "Metro" app with Win-8-Desktop? Could that be done with the version of Delphi used for TW (6?), or a more recent version of the IDE from whoever owns the rights to Delphi?

I realize that even if feasible, it might not make sense, or be justified for the amount of effort required.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is a big question: Metro apps use a completely different arthitecture and actually the best approch would be to write the code with the WinRT api (not with the Win32 Api as is now)
engellion

Post by engellion »

WinRT is not for everyone, but my son has a Surface RT and loves it. He's a 3rd year Uni student.

Regarding your lady friend's request, I'm curious to know how old was her phone? Most of the newer medium to high end phones are "smart" enough to have a wireless tethering feature (which turns the phone into a WiFi hotspot). If hers does, I would share the phone's internet connection via wireless tethering then connect the WinRT device via WiFi to the phone--no drivers required for the phone. I generally keep the phone plugged in to the USB port or a power point to keep charge up, as WiFi can be draining on the battery. I share my current Windows Phone handset's internet connection this way even with my Win7 Dell Laptop. This is the quickest and easiest way to connect any device to the internet, IMO.

I wouldn't rubbish WinRT. It has it's place, and its plusses, and Microsoft is in for the long haul with it. As Costas mentioned, Apple has been doing this for years with iOS. (iPhone, iPad). WinRT is MS's answer to iOS Tablets. It is a consumer device, great for browsing the internet via a WiFi Access Point (WiFi Tethered Phone, Portable WiFi device, or WiFi Router).

Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft, but I do love Windows Phone :-)

Blessings,
PaulC
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software