G. Abbott-Smith-A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
JG

G. Abbott-Smith-A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament

Post by JG »

We have made this module available for theWord. http://www.theword.net/bin/get.php/Abbo ... nt.dct.exe
Further enhanced with hyperlinks on abbreviations.
Extra hyperlink * added to end of Greek Strong's numbers to point to topics in the AMGL module.
Based on e-Sword module "G. Abbott-Smith-A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament 0.2", module creator David Sawtelle. (DSaw)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Doctordavet

Re: G. Abbott-Smith-A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testam

Post by Doctordavet »

Beautiful work, guys! Well done! Thanks so much.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thanks so much for making this available. I've been wanting this one for awhile! Thanks again!
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
JG

Post by JG »

We might have made an error in not putting an id in the module. I am just checking with Costas.

Ah yes we made a boo boo.

Fixing it, and looking at putting the lemma table in the module. Will post when they are both added.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

JG wrote:We might have made an error in not putting an id in the module. I am just checking with Costas.

Ah yes we made a boo boo.

Fixing it, and looking at putting the lemma table in the module. Will post when they are both added.

Updated module v1.1 is uploaded.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I really like this module a small bug and a request

A small bug I'm not find information in the entries for G1511, G1512, G1513

A quick request is it hard to remove the empty lines of text before and after each entry here is the G1515 entry
-----------------------------

εἰρήνη, -ης, ἡ,
[in LXX chiefly for H7965;]
peace;
1. of public peace, freedom from war: Luk 14:32, Act 12:20; Act 24:2; of the church, Act 9:31.
2. Of peace between persons, concord, agreement: Mat 10:34, Luk 12:51, Rom 14:17, 1Co 7:15, Gal 5:22, Jas 3:18; ζητεῖν εἰ., 1Pe 3:11; διώκειν, 2Ti 2:22; ib. seq. μετὰ -πάντων, Heb 12:14; by meton., of him who brings peace, Eph 2:14.
3. As in LXX (= Heb. H7965, Aram. שְׁלָם), of a state of security and safety: Joh 16:33, Rom 2:10, 1Th 5:3; whence the formulæ, ὕπαγε (πορεύου) εἰς εἰ., Mar 5:34, Luk 7:50 (cf. 1Sa 1:17, al.; H7965 H1980); εἰ. ὑμῖν (H7965), Joh 20:19; Joh 20:21; Joh 20:26; ἀπολύειν ἐν εἰ, Luk 2:29, cf. 1Co 16:11; ἡ εἰ. ὑμῶν, Mat 10:13 Luk 10:6; υἱὸς εἰρήνης, ib.
4. Of spiritual peace, the peace of Christ's kingdom (DCG, ii, 330 f.): Luk 1:79; Luk 2:14, Joh 16:3 Rom 2:10; Rom 5:1; Rom 8:6, al.; ὁ κύριος τῆς εἰ., 2Th 3:16; ὁ θεὸς τῆς εἰ, Rom 15:33; Rom 16:20, 2Co 13:11, al.; in epistolary salutations, Rom 1:7, 1Co 1:3, Gal 1:3, 1Th 1:1, 1Pe 1:2, 2Jn 1:3, Rev 1:4, al. (v. Cremer, 244).

---------------------------------------------------
This is roughly the entry for G1515 between the ----
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
JG

Post by JG »

The space is just how it converted, so I won't touch that.

I am checking about the blank entries. I had noticed them but again they are as the e-Sword module. I agree they could be misleading as it could indicate a match.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you reference the pdf here https://archive.org/details/manualgreeklexic00abborich
Not sure if this is what the esword version is based off of.
On page 132 is εἰμί, which is G1510

The entries in AMGL between these two are:
εἴνεκεν, V.S. ἔνεκα. <------Is not found in Mickelson's, Thayers, or NASEC not sure about BAGD
εἵ-περ, V.S. εἰ. <------ This one is basically G1512 in Mickelsons
εἷπον, 2 aor. of obsol. pres. ἔπω (cf. Veitch), used as aor. of λέγω, q.v. <------This one is G1513a in NASEC
εἵ-πως, V.S. εἰ <---- This one is basically G1513b in NASEC or G1513 in Mickelson's

Same page is εἰρηνεύω which is G1514

There seems to be a match for all but G1511

Hope this is helpful.
JG

Post by JG »

I have noted these things any many more issues to the module originator.
There could be some changes to the module, but it won't be any time soon.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software