Feedback on .1390

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
Rich

Re: Feedback on .1390

Post by Rich »

I really like it! It is a space saver. I am running two monitors and both of them are usually full. This would make it easier to access more information. I also like Jon's idea of making this an advanced option.
Rich
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It will surely be an advanced option, yes
blcjr

Post by blcjr »

I've been so busy with my own module development that I have not been keeping tabs with TW program development. But add my voice to those who would find this a useful feature, even if only "advanced." It shouldn't take the place, however, of being able to float an undocked window. I see a separate value to these two abilities.

Basil
Rich

Post by Rich »

Basil,
I have floating windows in 1390 and they are working fine. You are right we still need floating windows.
Rich
JG

Post by JG »

Costas, I just wondered if it was possible to have floating Panels, so you could dock things like the search views and Bible tree on a second screen and they take less space.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:Costas, I just wondered if it was possible to have floating Panels, so you could dock things like the search views and Bible tree on a second screen and they take less space.
In general, playing with the layouts is not easy. I understand that you are saying having something like a secondary window that also has pre-defined docking areas, correct?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Yes that is the idea.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

@Costas
I noticed that when working with the silverpoint library and doing only one column it isn't as complicated to save the settings. Perhaps this could work for an intitial floating panel though I'm sure some would want more than one column.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Is this feature going to get reintegrated into a newer beta?
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Not sure yet