Formating problem in Clipboard Viewer

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
paul1149

Formating problem in Clipboard Viewer

Post by paul1149 »

Hello again folks,

I just ran into a problem with the Clipboard Viewer, which I use often and which saves me a lot of time. I have switched my Bible View to a dark theme with white text. This is much easier on my eyes. Everything seems to be working well, in terms of formatting of popups, etc, except I just discovered that the clipboard viewer windows uses the white text of the current Bible View over a hardcoded white background, making that text invisible.

If I switch to a Bible view with standard dark text before using the clipboard viewer the problem is solved, but from my standpoint it would be much better if the background color of the clipboard viewer was dynamic based on the current Bible View, just as the font color is.

Thanks,
Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Formating problem in Clipboard Viewer

Post by csterg »

Fixed in b1421, check it pls,
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry I never noticed this before. There is the same issue to be fixed for the Copy verses dialog.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Thanks, beautiful. As Jon says, same prob with Copy Verse dialog.

Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fixed in b1422
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Excellent. Thanks much guys!

Paul
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I noticed one small problem persists. The color of the verse numbering is not making it through on the Clipboard Viewer. Thus I'm seeing the default dark red on my soft black background. It's just a detail though.
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

While I'm at it, I've come across one other thing relating to using a reverse color scheme. When I add underlining to a Bible, I am forced to choose a color. I have been choosing white for use against the dark background, but the problem is that when switching back to a regular color scheme that white will become invisible.

The solution, it seems to me, would be to have a "default" underlining color option, which would dynamically use the same color as the Bible font. Then when the font color changes, the underlining would change with it, as MS Word behaves.

My guess is there aren't many using a reverse color scheme, but this might be worth considering.

Blessings,
Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

paul1149 wrote:I noticed one small problem persists. The color of the verse numbering is not making it through on the Clipboard Viewer. Thus I'm seeing the default dark red on my soft black background. It's just a detail though.
This is true and on purpose... there is a highlight drawn over when you hover the mouse.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

paul1149 wrote:While I'm at it, I've come across one other thing relating to using a reverse color scheme. When I add underlining to a Bible, I am forced to choose a color. I have been choosing white for use against the dark background, but the problem is that when switching back to a regular color scheme that white will become invisible.

The solution, it seems to me, would be to have a "default" underlining color option, which would dynamically use the same color as the Bible font. Then when the font color changes, the underlining would change with it, as MS Word behaves.

My guess is there aren't many using a reverse color scheme, but this might be worth considering.

Blessings,
Paul
I see what you say, but i think it's too much and would open up other issues
Costas
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Not following on the verse number problem. But thanks for the replies.

Paul
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You are correct. I fixed it as you said.
Costas