tw5 Update - No saved views?

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
delaing

tw5 Update - No saved views?

Post by delaing »

I just now downloaded and installed the update to version 5.

It appears that my previous saved View Layouts are gone. It only offers the built-in layouts.
What am I forgetting or not understanding?

Thank you,
Delain
Thank you,
Delain
therapon

Re: tw5 Update - No saved views?

Post by therapon »

I had to re-create all my saved layouts after upgrading. Figured it was something I did, but maybe not. An upgrade shouldn't replace/erase user data like that without asking first! Sounds like a bug?
Rich

Post by Rich »

delaing wrote:I just now downloaded and installed the update to version 5.

It appears that my previous saved View Layouts are gone. It only offers the built-in layouts.
What am I forgetting or not understanding?

Thank you,
Delain
I installed the update on my PC and laptop and all of my layouts are still there. I am using Win 7 Ultimate.
mta3006

Post by mta3006 »

Using v5 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64, I seem to be able to customize layouts and save them, but on reopening the program, two of the subwindows no longer fill their original areas. I set up my layout as Commentaries/Tree/Bible across top row, Dictionaries/Books on bottom row. On restart, the Commentary and Bible windows only fill about 1/2 the width they had when I saved the layout as User Layout 1. I will try to attach a screenshot.

Mike
Attachments
snip1.JPG
snip1.JPG (159.52 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
snip2.JPG
snip2.JPG (130.56 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
JG

Post by JG »

I have seen similar things in the past. I would try just adjusting the width of the windows just a fraction and see if that "fixes" it.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mta3006

Post by mta3006 »

Thanks for the replies, JG! I tried the fix, and it works, though the Bible window on the right (on reopening) gave no doubleheaded arrow for width adjustment on mouseover.... Also found that minimizing tw5, then restoring also fixed it.

Mike
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

These are some corner-cases that are difficult to trace. As Jon said there is an easy workaround.
delaing

Post by delaing »

I feel I need to repost my original concern so it doesn't get lost with the previous reply to a related but different issue.

"It appears that my previous saved View Layouts are gone. It only offers the built-in layouts."

Thank you,
Delain
Thank you,
Delain