Local minimize button not working in Bible Tree

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

Local minimize button not working in Bible Tree

Post by ErikJon »

I love the "local minimize/maximize" feature. It is working well almost everywhere in the program, and it seems to follow a rather intuitive pattern for maximizing, minimizing, and opening and distributing other open windows evenly.

However, today I've just discovered that it is not working correctly in Bible Tree View, at least not on my computer. I click the minimize button especially, and usually nothing at all happens. Sometimes it causes the adjacent windows below it to come up, rather than for Bible Tree Window to move down, but usually it does nothing at all.

For what it is worth, I have the screen layout in three columns: one Bookview on either side and one Bibleview in the center.

In fact, the ordinary maximize/minimize buttons are also missing, as you already know, but I don't know why they should have to be absent.
Attachments
2015-11-17_1420.png
2015-11-17_1420.png (36.69 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Local minimize button not working in Bible Tree

Post by JG »

I would try toggling the Bible tree window, and/or restart theWord.
There are some issues with this advanced feature and was provided as is with no further fixes.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Yes, I restarted TW before posting, just to be safe.

It is not a big deal, of course, but I thought that you guys would like to make a note of it for future reference, as no one else will likely ever mention it.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

As Jon said, this feature has issues that are too difficult to fix properly. This is why it is disabled by default.