Adding Programs

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
DarrelW

Adding Programs

Post by DarrelW »

I think I've run into a problem in the new module downloader. I have the Expositor's Bible commentary installed (eb.cmt.twm) in "c:/Program Files (x86)/theWord/Books/Commentaries/eb.cmt.twm" When I fire up the module adder and select wordmodules.com, it does not see my installed eb.cmt and wants to install an updated copy in "c:/Program Files (x86)/theWord/".

So there appears to be a linkage (?) problem between the official repository and the other repositories. The official repository always checks my subfolders and only installs updates when they are new. The other repositories do not.

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Re: Adding Programs

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I second Darrel's note here: I checked another repository and it is showing that I have most of the files installed which I don't have many of them installed at all.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The module installer matches the modules by their IDs. If their ID is different, it thinks it's a different module. Is that the case?
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I understand Josh is working on fixing the problem with adding modules. A serious problem - I selected WordModules.com, then selected "Show titles for which a newer version exists, then selected Peter Pett - Commentary on the Bible and Library collection. It installed, I rebooted TW, brought up Download Books and Bibles, and it still shows that same module as not being updated. It is not just this module. I downloaded updates for 6 commentaries, 3 dictionaries, 11 books, 1 Bible and 1 devotional. None of them updated, all of them showed again and again needing to be updated!

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

Until every module has a unique valid id, there will be problems. But this is the wrong forum to post such comments as this is a third-party repository over which we have no control.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I understand. Thanks Jon.

EDIT: Just wanted to add - the reason I posted about adding programs here, the add program function, even if it involves a third-party site is still a function of TW. One should not have to try and figure out which third-party site to go check out in order to report issues..