Suggestion: Text to Speech Support

Ideas and suggestions about new features
cw3theophilus

Suggestion: Text to Speech Support

Post by cw3theophilus »

How about building in text-to-speech support into The Word that can read the bible/books out loud moving verse by verse or sentence by sentence with a play/pause button? Something similar to what is built into the Mysword for Android app. Windows' native engine and voices can be used to keep file size low.

This feature would be very helpful. It will even allow blind or vision challenged people use The Word to hear the Bible spoken to them, and it will help ordinary people who are tired of reading or just want to hear the word to bring faith, or people who have trouble concentrating while reading long small text, but don't have a problem listening.

Shalom
patwwh

Re: Suggestion: Text to Speech Support

Post by patwwh »

Agree with cw3theophilus.
Costas, you just need to pass the passage to Windows' TTS, and let it to do the rest. Shouldn't too consume your time. I believe many TW fans hope that you can re-activate the development of TW.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Text to Speech Support

Post by csterg »

Thanks guys.
Yes, tw development is kind of frozen for the time being due to the lack of time.
At the moment I am working at something specific that will take me about me 2 months, hopefully after that i will put some new efforts
Costas