Topic tree will not stay collapsed

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
ErikJon

Topic tree will not stay collapsed

Post by ErikJon »

I have a user commentary prepared for my own notes. I set the options for the topic tree to remain collapsed, and yet it expands, every time that I click on a given Bible verse in Bibleview. How do I keep the topic tree collapsed? (See screenshot)
Attachments
TW tree will not remain collapsed.jpg
TW tree will not remain collapsed.jpg (309.36 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Topic tree will not stay collapsed

Post by JG »

Just don't show the tree at all.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Well, what I mean is, to show the root nodes of the tree without any of the subnodes, for example. (e.g., chapters without individual verses, etc.)
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

An alternative it to not synchronize/link the Book view, or make your Bible view a view target (eye icon) and it will not produce any sync action (see its tooltip).
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Well, I will look into that possibility, but so far, it does not sound like what I needed, as I need my other commentary windows to link to the Bible text at all times. I have about five other commentary windows open simultaneously, but I use the sixth one as my personal commentary. I was trying to add chapter-level comments of my own, from chapter to chapter, but was frustrated as I saw that the topic tree would constantly expand when I clicked on the text. So, if I disable the linking for that one window, may I assume that the other commentary windows will not be affected? And if I jump around from OT to NT in my studies, I will have to do a lot more scrolling, each time I make my own personal comment on a passage, as the linking will no longer be active. No need to answer this last post, as I will just look into what you said before continuing to comment.