Allow window position lock

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Allow window position lock

Post by ErikJon »

Sometimes I accidentally move my windows with a stray mouse movement, and it can be complicated, in some cases, to put everything back the way that it was. I usually don't remember to save my current layout except maybe once a day.

My suggestion is that you allow a window-position lock, perhaps with a little flexibility, such as in the following ways:
1. The option to lock all windows only horizontally, so that they may be moved up and down within any vertical column (once the lock is set), but never horizontally (after the lock is set)
2. The option to lock all windows only vertically, so that they may be moved up and down within any horizontal column, but never vertically
3. The option to lock all windows from any movement except for any resizing
4. The option to lock all windows from any movement except for horizontal resizing
5. The option to lock all windows from any movement except for vertical resizing
6. The option to lock all windows from any movement except when a keyboard combination is applied, or else to provide the ability to quickly disable and enable the feature with a toggle
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Allow window position lock

Post by JG »

Be more careful with your mouse!!
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Re: Allow window position lock

Post by ErikJon »

Well, apparently it has never happened to you yet, but, once it does, you may understand the frustration.

It is a small issue, but it was an idea worth offering. Some of these suggestions may be easier to implement than I knew, and others harder, so all I can do is mention them and leave the rest to you.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.