Where can I find Vine's

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
HerdingDogRescuer

Where can I find Vine's

Post by HerdingDogRescuer »

Hi all,

Just recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and so had to reinstall theWord. I previously had Vine's Dictionary, but I forgot where I downloaded it. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks,

Dave
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Where can I find Vine's

Post by csterg »

Dave,
Vine's is not available from the official site. Maybe you got it someplace else?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Hi Dave,

Did you make any backups of theWord files at all before updating Windows? For future reference, I make sure all the files associated with theWord are included in my regular backups (you can find file locations under Help>About>File Locations).

As I recall, Vine's used to be available from various sources for various Bible programs with people claiming it was in the public domain, then Thomas Nelson, I believe, asserted ownership, or bought the copyright, or something, I don't know the details, but it was removed from most or all legitimate sites, and is a now a paid resource for at least one of the other Bible programs it used to be available for free on.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
JG

Post by JG »

@Costas,
Previously we have stated that permission has been obtained to produce a theWord module of this work. What is the status now?
viewtopic.php?p=26100#p26100
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I can't remember this; did we ever get permission for Vines?
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:I can't remember this; did we ever get permission for Vines?
Well it looked like the contract was in the post from what you stated in the forum.
The Vines dictionary is copyrighted by Thomas Nelson and we have already negotiated permission to get it, hopefully it will be here soon.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

No, there is no such thing