how can I have the text in the search window auto selected?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
keyuhui

how can I have the text in the search window auto selected?

Post by keyuhui »

I have a simple question about using the Bible search winhdow. I use the program a lot and frequently have need to do a Bible search. My search window is set to "always floating", and I access it with the F3 hotkey. I would like to be able to immediately begin typing the content I want to search, but if I have done a previous search, the input line already contains the previous search content, and so I need to either select that content with the mouse and delete it, or press F3 again to select this text so that I can type over it.

My question is, is there a setting in the config.ini file that I can add or change so that the text is the search box is automatically selected when I press F3?

Thanks so much.

Keyuhui
csterg
Site Admin

Re: how can I have the text in the search window auto select

Post by csterg »

Hello Keyuhui,
pressing F3 does select the text in the Search view edit box, at least as i test it.
Costas
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

Thanks so much for your response.

Let me try to explain more clearly.

I spend 5-6 hours using theWord every day. I usually close my search window when studying or doing translation work. This is what my layout looks like.
capture1.jpg
capture1.jpg (301.42 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
When I need to look something up (which is very frequently, sometimes a few dozen times an hour), I press F3 to open the floating search window. See below.
capture2.jpg
capture2.jpg (158.27 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
However as you can see above, the text in the search window isn't selected. So I either need to select and delete the text with the mouse, or by pushing F3 one more time.
capture3.jpg
capture3.jpg (158.2 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
If I fail to push F3 the 2nd time, I end up just adding to the text that is already in the search window. It's not a major problem, but it usually occurs several times a day, and I was wondering if there is some toggle code or switch that could make the text in the search box automatically selected immediately when F3 is pressed the first time.

Thanks again for your time.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Oh, i see what you mean: the first time the Search view appears, the text is not selected. Let me see if i can change that,
Costas
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

sorry to be a bother. Just wanted to ask if you were able to be make any progress on this.

thanks.

Keyuhui