Export Sets, new modules, thanks

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Oogpister

Export Sets, new modules, thanks

Post by Oogpister »

Greetings

I wanted to contact Castro directly but could not find an e-mail address.

1. Let me start with thanks. I am an independent missionary in South Africa. I could not do my work without theWord. Both from a cost perspective and also as it is the best of the programs I use. Fellow missionary Dave Cox has been one of the prime motivations for making theWord my primary resource. My humble thanks to all who work selflessly to make the software such a success.

2. I have a complicated system of Module sets and I need to transfer this to another computer with the same modules installed. How do I do that? Recreating the sets will take too much time.

3. I am also an author and after much thought I have decided to offer some of my books on the platform. In Afrikaans (local language) and English. I have some (actually average and in some respects above average IT/software skills). Some help and guidelines. Most importantly I will need a host as I have no such facilities nor the funds as a missionary.

Should anybody wish to contact me directly - +27 83 487 4052 (whatsapp) and [email protected]

Gerhard Potgieter
Slave of Christ
jonathangkoehn

Re: Export Sets, new modules, thanks

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Do you have theWord installed in a compact installation? If so you can just copy theWord directy to the new computer and it should keep the sets.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Gerhard,

Besides reinstalling all of your modules, you'll want to also move your config.ini file. The config.ini file is where all of your settings are stored. You'll also want to move all of your personal files (my studynotes, etc.). Good News: all of these personal files are in one location. From inside TW click "Help / About" and you'll find "file locations." Click that. From there you'll actually be able to open the folder for "Personal files folder" by clicking the little gray "..." box right next to "personal files folder" location. Once you close TW (leaving the folder location open), you'll be able to copy/paste everything in there.

Also: if you make a free account at www.wordmodules.com, you can upload all of your modules so the community can download and use them - as long as your modules are broadly conservative and evangelical.

Hope this is helpful.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
Oogpister

Post by Oogpister »

Thanks for the suggestion - worked ok despite different operating systems. Reason I did not try it. Really robust software. Now I will uninstall the "old" installation and recreate the shortcuts. Will the .ini transfer be successful from one operating system - win 7 to XP? Forgot my personal files. Will copy accross
:D :D
Oogpister

Post by Oogpister »

Thanks Dave and Jonathan. Everything copied across without issues. Done and dusted. :D