Sub-headings In Scrpture

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Keith Tate

Sub-headings In Scrpture

Post by Keith Tate »

The publishers of the scripture text have inserted their own "Sub-headings" at many places which we as users have no means to change,,,, or to add our own personal "Sub-heading"... It would be nice to have the ability to add our own Sub-headings between verses(not change bible text).
JG

Re: Sub-headings In Scrpture

Post by JG »

You should be able to toggle the headings off in the Bible view with the H key
It is also easy to make a personal headings file in the form of a Bible module file. Then you can overlay it to any Bible displayed.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Keith Tate

Post by Keith Tate »

That sounds good, just not sure I know how to do this ?? Is there a tutorial anywhere that would walk a person through this process ?? Thanks so much for the info...
JG

Post by JG »

Here is a file I made, that will allow you to make your own headings.
I put some notes that you can view once you install the file with your Bibles. They are in the 'info' of the Bible.

I had to zip the file to upload it here, so you need to extract the 'MyHeadings.ont' file from the zip file, and place it in your Bibles folder
MyHeadings.zip
(53.1 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Jon,

I love this idea. I've got to tell you, though, it is going to be too cumbersome for just about all of us. Is there any way for headings to eventually be edited from within TW itself?

I suppose this is a question for Costas, but wanted to add it here.

Thank you, Jon, for making this file available.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com