'My Subject Notes' Font??

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
O.G.Readmore

'My Subject Notes' Font??

Post by O.G.Readmore »

I've tried changing the default font in the 'My subject Notes' module from the default Segui size 10 font to Georgia size 12 over and over again. It's fine as long as I keep 'The Word' program open. But if I close out the program then reopen it, the font automatically reverts back to Segui size 10. Is there any way to change the font and actually save it as a permanent setting? It's really irritating to have to change it every time I want to take notes at church. I have a really hard time reading the default font. Changing the font works fine in the actual Bible view, just not the notes section)

Thank you very much :D
csterg
Site Admin

Re: 'My Subject Notes' Font??

Post by csterg »

1. Create a new topic.
2. Before typing anything in there, change the font and size

theWord will remember the font and use it for all new topics
Costas
O.G.Readmore

Post by O.G.Readmore »

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I'm still having issues with this. I recently got a new laptop and when I installed TheWord on it, the font issue went away. I copied over all the data files from the root file of my original laptop to ensure that all my notes, layouts and purchased Bible versions transferred over. It worked beautifully, but the font issue is still happening. It must be something that got altered in the config.ini folder or something like that.

I've attached an image below. You can see that in the font window, it clearly thinks that it is set to Georgia 12pt font, but it's typing in Segoe UI 10pt. As soon as I click on the font dropdown, it automatically highlights Segoe because that it is the font it believes is default. I've tried the steps you listed many times and it works as long as I keep the Word application open and running. As soon as I close the application and re-open it, it goes right back to Segoe (even though it says Georgia in the window).

I realize i could fix this by deleting the app and reinstalling from scratch and downloading the Bibles I already paid for, but I spent a lot of time changing the window shapes and sizes and getting the layout exactly the way I like it, and I'd prefer not to have to do that all over again.

Are there any alternate way to go about correcting the font issue?

Thank you very much

csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I tried that again and it seems to work.
Anyway, you can always open theWord's config.ini file and set it manually:

Code: Select all

[general]
default.bkv.user.font.name=Segoe UI
default.bkv.user.font.size=12
Costas