iPad App: iBible-Study HD - theWord Modules on iPad

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
engellion

iPad App: iBible-Study HD - theWord Modules on iPad

Post by engellion »

For all those iPad users out there hankering to use theWord modules, including your own user created modules, on the iPad. Guess what? Someone has developed an app for the iPad that uses theWord modules.

Here's some info from their website:
iBible-Study HD is offline Bible studying tool based upon the free modules of theWord, a Desktop Bible software. The iBible-Study HD has two resizable panels to make your study much easier. Each panel has a customizable tabs for Bible , Dictionary , Commentary and Search result.

iBible-Study HD comes with King James Version with Strong's numbers , Easton's Illustrated Bible Dictionary and Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and ,of course, you can download many other resources through the iBible-Study HD Download manager.

You can download Bibles in more than 100 translations for more than 35 languages (including but not limited to) (English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish ...). Plus downloading the other bible study resources such as Commentaries and Dictionaries.

You can even use your own modules of the theWord bible software as the iBible-Study HD supports the file sharing(The modules must be RTF and uncompressed) .
Here's the link for the App on the Apple iTunes Store https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/ibible- ... 91980?mt=8

I guess, Costas, you may not have to worry about an iPad app after all. :-)

Blessings,
Paul.

PS Here's a screenshot a friend sent me.
iBible-Study HD.PNG
iBible-Study HD.PNG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 18424 times
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software
JG

Re: iPad App: iBible-Study HD - theWord Modules on iPad

Post by JG »

Paul, this is now old news....
Costas has been advising on the project
viewtopic.php?p=26179#p26179
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
engellion

Post by engellion »

JG wrote:Paul, this is now old news....
Costas has been advising on the project
viewtopic.php?p=26179#p26179
Well there you go...shows you how much I checked the forum before I posted. [face palm] :?

I was absorbed in the discussion of the topic below re: Windows-based tablet? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4289 iPad came up as the first area of focus should Costas consider developing for a tablet.

So since the iBible-Study HD project is well underway, with users being able to download their own modules, perhaps an official iPad app will not be as pressing for Costas to consider. I would much prefer development of an improved interface for touch devices running the Windows version of theWord, particularly under Windows 8.

Thanks Jon.

Blessings,
Paul.
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is correct Paul.
The is iBibleStudy, the is MySword, i believe these 2 apps cover the needs for those platforms. I would rather spend some time making theWord Win8-tablet-friendly,
Costas
eliranwong

Post by eliranwong »

Hi Costas,

Is it possible that you work with Sam to make the compressed modules, like NIV readable in iPad app? Thanks.

Peace
Eliran
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

NIV is copyrighted so it's not an issue of technology, it's an issue of permission,
Costas
Rodrigo Samy

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Does iBible work too for iPhones? I am asking that for a brother who belongs to the iPhone tribe, and is not too tech-savvy.

I never had any iPhone than I am at loss on what to advise.

If theWord modules may work too on iPhones, it is worth of it's salt. But my friend is not being able to find iBible on appstore.

Thank you very much!
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

i think it only works on the iPad
garryjoshi

Post by garryjoshi »

I've been using the iBible Study HD app for a while now. It was working just fine when my iPad was running iOS 10. However today that I updated to latest iOS 11.2.2 whenever I am trying to open the app it is only loading a white blank screen on it's startup and simply closing itself after few seconds. Any solution how do I fix it?
Garry Joshi
TutuApp ShowBox TutuApp
JG

Post by JG »

You need to ask the developer of that software, this is really outside the scope of this forum. The only connection it has with theWord software, is that it can use some of the resources.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Warty

Post by Warty »

Can anyone advise how to contact the author of the iBible-Study HD app for the iPad?
I have the ver 5 of the app but can not install any of the TheWord modules even after reading and following all the help files on how to do this.

On their website zbestway.com you can not contact them, send an email or request help. There appears to have been NO activity on the site for many years.

I use TheWord on my Apple Mac via "Wine" and very much like the format of TheWord, which iBible-Study HD follows. I want to use it on my iPad, when away from home, but I can only download and install the modules that are available within the app.

Any help on how to contact the author OR how to install other modules would be greatly appreciated.
JG

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Warty wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:43 pm
On their website zbestway.com you can not contact them, send an email or request help. There appears to have been NO activity on the site for many years.
Are you saying you've tried their contact form and there's no response or it's not working? http://zbestway.com/contact-us
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
Warty

Post by Warty »

Yes. I get an error message that the site
Notice
Could not start mail function.

Have tried many times.
JG

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software