Linking to dictionary module in bible module

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Tim Mitchell

Linking to dictionary module in bible module

Post by Tim Mitchell »

I am migrating our interlinear module with word numbers (not strongs) into The Word and I am wondering how to write the text of the internal link so that it links to the dictionary. I am doing my module conversion in a word processor (text wrangler) and so need to search and replace including the link.

The dictionary abbreviation is OANT - Dict
The word numbers go by the format "S1234"

How do I format the link in the bible module, and is there any documentation which includes this sort of detailed internal coding information?
Last edited by Tim Mitchell on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Re: Linking to dictionary module in bible module

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Tim Mitchell

Post by Tim Mitchell »

Thanks Jon, I have looked at the file, it is really helpful... pity I don't understand all the regular expression stuff, I only use a limited level of regex.

So I have come up with this possible link format. <a href=“”tw://OANT dict.dct?t=S1234&popup=2””>S1234</a>

Does it look like this will work?
JG

Post by JG »

I am not sure it will work (or that it is needed) I would need to test it. theWord has a word lookup feature that can link to a dictionary and give a popup when you hover a word in the Bible view, the user just needs to make the appropriate selection in the Bible view options.
If you need to go the link route, it would be easier to use a verse.rule in the Bible file to produce the links.
If you want me to take a look, you can upload the Bible and Dictionary and I will take a look.
I PM a link

P.S I am on UK time and off to bed as it is midnight.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet