Suggestion: Change default font

Ideas and suggestions about new features
rdwray

Suggestion: Change default font

Post by rdwray »

Arial is not the default font and it is not possible to distinguish between a capital "I" and a lower case "l" (L) (see image); it would be nice to change it to Tahoma like being used in this forum. I did a search for "Arial" in all TW files and it seems to be the default in everything.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.91 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Suggestion: Change default font

Post by JG »

In the english.lng file you can change this by specifying a font.
On a new line below [_main_] put font=Tahoma
Start or restart theWord
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Thanks, works very well in Bible Search, but the issue remains in Strong's and any other module that already has text entered. I tried using twModUtils.exe to change the text but got the same results - only where there is no current text does it work. I am going to try the registry and substitute the font.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Not going to post how, but I got it done through the registry. Would be nice if someone could solve the issue. Thanks, roger.