Updating current module with additional material

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Novar

Updating current module with additional material

Post by Novar »

I want to know how to update a current module with additional material for distribution. Do I need to create a new module or can I unlock the current module and add the new material and then recreate the new module for distribution?
Thanks
Novar
JG

Re: Updating current module with additional material

Post by JG »

I would make a copy first and keep it safe.
Then unlock and add your new material.
Change any details in the properties of the module like version and date, maybe some notes about what has been added.
Don't change the file name.
Lock the module again.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Novar

Post by Novar »

Sorry, it has been a while since I worked on this. How do I unlock the module to add the new content? I think I remember all the other steps.Thanks so much for your help
JG

Post by JG »

As a shortcut you can left click in the content area just to activate things, and then use a shortcut keys Ctrl+U. Or the longhand method is right click on the module tab and from the menu select properties ->settings/Actions tab check the box at the top....
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Novar

Post by Novar »

So, If I understand correctly, I should open TheWord program and go to my module's content area and left click or right click on the module's tab. I tried both, but I don't get the menus you speak of. This module was encrypted. So should I open an unencrypted version of the module and perform the same procedure?
sorry, it's been about 3 years since I did anything with the module itself. I have been working with a RTF doc to make additions and now I want to add them material to the module.
Thanks.Robert
JG

Post by JG »

you will need the unencrypted module to work with
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Novar

Post by Novar »

That is what I thought... I will give it a go and if I hit any snags I'll let you know.
Many Thanks
Robert