My Headings module and Build 1486

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
royhieatt

My Headings module and Build 1486

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon, Costas or anyone else who might be having the following problem.

When Costas made the “My Headings” module I installed and started using it in build 1485. Worked nicely for several months. When I installed 1486 a few days ago the headings stopped displaying in any Bible module.

The module is in the Bible module: C:\ProgramData\The Word\Bibles where it has always been. Notepad ++ opens and displays the information in the module correctly. Also, there has been no change to the Operating System (Win 10 Pro)

I can still add to the module using Notepad ++, and it saves correctly.

Everything works properly except TheWord will not display the module information in any of the other Bible modules.

I tried reverting back to build 1485, but the headings would not display there anymore. To allow for the possibility of a corrupted file I deleted the module, did a reboot, and tried using a backup that was created prior to the installation of 1486. That did not work.

I also tried deleting the module and reinstalling the original empty module. That did not work either.

Would you have any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated.

Roy
JG

Re: My Headings module and Build 1486

Post by JG »

Hi Roy,
I am using 1486 without issue.
Can you zip and upload your file that you are using, and I will see if it works for me.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon,

It is attached.

Thanks,

Roy
Attachments
MyHeadings.zip
(77.75 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
JG

Post by JG »

That worked ok
Perhaps you are not at a verse where there is a heading :wink:

Go to Genesis 1:1 and see if you can get it working there.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

I have tried that several times, and no Gen 1:1 does not display in a module. Yes, I see that heading in Notepad ++. I can see all my entries in Notepad. They just won't display.

I've looked through all my entries from one end of the Bible to the other just in case they were being misplaced on a different scripture, but no, none are displaying.

At least now I know to start looking a some computer hiccup, right?

Thanks Jon, you are doing a fantastic job helping us with the various problems with program!

Roy
JG

Post by JG »

Check your settings in the Bible options, and select [My Headings] again, and apply, while at Gen 1:1. If that does not work, stay with the options window open and select another Bible to display headings from to see it you can get anything to work.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon,

You are great. I had not even looked at the options. They didn't even come to mind. That fixed them!

Thank you so much for your help,

Roy