Export/convert bible commentary

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Ralph

Export/convert bible commentary

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

theWord is the best bible app for Windows !
Right now I am creating a bible commentary module and would love to use it on my mobile phone.
I use MyBible there, which is the best bible app for Android.
Is there a way to convert theWord bible commentary to MyBible ?
That would be great !

be blessed and thank you very much for your great work

Ralph
Last edited by Ralph on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Re: Export/convert bible commentary

Post by JG »

Ralph, welcome.
It probably would be better to contact Oleg, at MyBible. His email address can be found within MyBible app, About -> MyBible Team.

We don't have a converter here to help you, sorry.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

You might consider looking at MySword. It is an awesome android Bible app, and they have conversion tools for converting non-encrypted TW modules.

Darrel
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Thanks for your help !
I sent Oleg an email and tried MySword, although didn't find the conversion tools.
JG

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Thanks again !
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

OK, direct conversion isn't possible, but building an own commentary for MyBible isn't too hard, it is basically building a database file with a database program.

Now, theWord can help VERY much with this work, plus you have 2 commentaries, one for theWord and one for MyBible.

But, and this is a very BIG but... converting verse references is a big work, because MyBible has it's own book numeration.

E.g. Genesis is book no. 10 in MyBible, Luke is book no. 490.
Attached is a list of bible book numbers in MyBible.

I would like to ask you for a big favor... Could you add a mode for verse detection making a hyperlink compatible with MyBible, detecting "2 Peter 3:8" not as "tw://bible.*?id=61.3.8|_AUTODETECT_|" but as "B:680 3:8"
or "Psalms 23:1" not as "tw://bible.*?id=19.23.1|_AUTODETECT_|" but as "B:230 23:1"

That would make converting theWord bible commentaries to MyBible a childs play, well at least A LOT easier.

Blessings, Ralph
Attachments
BookNo-MyBible.zip
(403.37 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Well, again, I have used MySword conversion tools to convert non-encrypted (all types) modules to MySword and it works very nicely. If you are having trouble you might contact MySword support. They are very helpful.

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

Ralph wrote:OK, direct conversion isn't possible, but building an own commentary for MyBible isn't too hard, it is basically building a database file with a database program.

Now, theWord can help VERY much with this work, plus you have 2 commentaries, one for theWord and one for MyBible.

But, and this is a very BIG but... converting verse references is a big work, because MyBible has it's own book numeration.

I would like to ask you for a big favor... Could you add a mode for verse detection making a hyperlink compatible with MyBible, detecting "2 Peter 3:8" not as "tw://bible.*?id=61.3.8|_AUTODETECT_|" but as "B:680 3:8"
or "Psalms 23:1" not as "tw://bible.*?id=19.23.1|_AUTODETECT_|" but as "B:230 23:1"

That would make converting theWord bible commentaries to MyBible a childs play, well at least A LOT easier.

Blessings, Ralph
This is something that Denys, and Oleg would need to provide as a script or conversion program for theWord format modules.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

DarrelW wrote:Well, again, I have used MySword conversion tools to convert non-encrypted (all types) modules to MySword and it works very nicely. If you are having trouble you might contact MySword support. They are very helpful.

Darrel
Darrel, I checked MySword and it is quite nice, but no match for MyBible. I can't open my bible commentary from bible view. And I don't have a synced splitview for bibletext and commentary. Plus it didn't convert a bible from theWord, which I converted from MyBible. But thanks for the hint!
JG wrote:
Ralph wrote:OK, direct conversion isn't possible, but building an own commentary for MyBible isn't too hard, it is basically building a database file with a database program.

Blessings, Ralph
This is something that Denys, and Oleg would need to provide as a script or conversion program for theWord format modules.
Well, I doubt that they can do that, as it is hard to find the different tw: links.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

OK, last question, I promise :D

You have a great importer tool, from which you can import rtf files into commentary.

Can this process be reversed, meaning that you specify a folder and all comments are exported versewise as a rtf or even better as a html file ?
JG

Post by JG »

Don't hold back on asking questions, that is the point of the forum.

We don't have a reverse export.

To get the file to html style would it work to convert your commentary using MySword converter and then work with the resulting file to get it into MyBible?

I recall there is a program Database2RTF on Josh Bond's site http://www.wordmodules.com Not sure if this would be of any use, as I have not used it.

However I think that Denys and Oleg would not have much trouble converting the links, they are skilled people.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

JG wrote:To get the file to html style would it work to convert your commentary using MySword converter and then work with the resulting file to get it into MyBible?

I recall there is a program Database2RTF on Josh Bond's site http://www.wordmodules.com Not sure if this would be of any use, as I have not used it.
Good idea, thanks, will try that !
JG wrote:However I think that Denys and Oleg would not have much trouble converting the links, they are skilled people.
Well, Denys redirects me to Oleg, but Oleg doesn't answer, maybe he's on vacation.

I have come pretty far already, I can convert tw-links to MyBible-links with correct book numbers already using find&replace in Notepad++

Now the last hurdle are chapter&versenumbers.

For chapter 4 verse 37 theWord uses 4.37 whereas MyBible uses 4:37

It should be possible replacing 4.37 with 4:37 using regular expressions in Notepad++, but I have no experience with regex. Everything I tried was futile...

Do you have any idea of a matching regex?

Blessings, Ralph
JG

Post by JG »

Here is a search and replace regex that should work in Notepad++

"tw://bible\.\*\?id=(\d+)\.(\d+)\.(\d+)\|_AUTODETECT_\|"
"B:$1 $2:$3"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Great ! That works ! Thank you very much !
This makes conversion a lot easier.
theWord is great for editing bible commentaries, the verserecognition is next to none.
And converting for MyBible is a lot easier now.
Again, thank you very much.

Blessings, Ralph