suggestion for the program

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Felipe

suggestion for the program

Post by Felipe »

Good afternoon
I would like to make a suggestion for the program, I think it is excellent but it lacks a feature that I would think would be much better, which is the text editor (annotation feature) in order to prepare the outline or jot down important points as we read.
I saw this on the e-sword program, and it would be great if The Word could adopt this feature for the program's best performance and efficiency.

Thankful

Transcrição em português

Boa Tarde
Gostaria de dar uma sugestão para o programa, acho ele excelente mas falta um recurso que eu pensaria que seria muito melhor,que é o editor de texto (recurso de anotações) a fim de prepararmos o esboço ou anotar pontos importantes enquanto vamos lendo.
Eu vi isso no programa e-sword, e seria muito bom se o The Word pudesse adotar esse recurso para o melhor desempenho e eficiencia do programa.

Grato
JG

Re: suggestion for the program

Post by JG »

Have you got a screen shot in e-Sword of what you mean?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Welcome to theWord forum, Felipe.

In theWord you can create your own books, dictionaries, commentaries and reading plans. Try and create a new book and add topics to enter your sermons/general annotations or create a new commentary to enter your contextual notes.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I do this for all my messages and sermons, and it works beautifully! As soon as you create them they are searchable. It's really cool!

Darrel
ixoye71

Post by ixoye71 »

It's easy to create your own commentary and then write up your own observations on each verse or each chapter or book. I've done this and I enjoy taking notes on what I'm seeing in the verse. But, I sure wish it had a spell check feature!
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

It has an awesome spell check. Get the latest beta and check it out! By the way, the beta builds are rock solid!

Darrel
jbron

Post by jbron »

In building on the initial suggestion, I recently spent a fair bit of time looking into switching from theWord to Accordance (after using The Word for about four years and not exploring its many features). I have, through the in-depth time spent comparing Bible software options, really been amazed at the power and dexterity of The Word, especially once I began looking in earnest at the possibility of switching. Ultimately, I have chosen to stay with The Word because the sheer benefits far supercede the cost of what I would need with Accordance. (It led to my investing in paid modules for The Word on my part, so I'm investing in it monetarily and will continue to do so). That said, the one thing that I have really wanted with The Word is a feature like Accordance's "Paper" feature. I'm not a coder, so I don't know the feasibility of this, but when using a laptop, for example (rather than my usual dual screen setup), flipping between the software and the sermon I'm typing is time-consuming and tends to interrupt my line of thought. It would be ideal to do this in the software itself.

I've attempted to use the personal/topical notes modules to that end, but it is bulky and limited. For example, if you're trying to put together an outline with indented points and sub-points, you have go to the toolbar to either increase or decrease the indent for subpoints, rather than tabbing or a similar hot-key combination option. This makes it tedious, or even a bit of a mess when composing outline sermons, or even typing them in The Word and then copying them into something like Libre Office or Microsoft Word. I like that the beta versions are including spell-check, but is there any movement on spending some time enhancing the text editing capabilities of The Word?