Deleting and adding subjects

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
sapinkris

Deleting and adding subjects

Post by sapinkris »

I created a subject and did not like it so my plan was to delete the entire subject and then recreate it rather than edit it. After deleting the subject, when I try to recreate the subject, the program will not let me. It states that the subject already exists. Thanks again for the awesome program. It is the best !!!
sapinkris

Addition to deleting and adding subjects

Post by sapinkris »

In addition to this, the amount of notes I had added to the subject was sinificant. As a result the size of my user.edb file increased. However after deleting the subject, the size of this file did not decrease. It remained the same - so I think that the system removed the reference to the subject I created, however the subject still exists in the database. I tried the compact/repair notes thinking that this may purge the system, but it did not work. Since you are the program creator, you are probably already aware of these issues. I just wanted to document them so that they are fixed for the next release or two.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Deleting and adding subjects

Post by csterg »

sapinkris wrote:I created a subject and did not like it so my plan was to delete the entire subject and then recreate it rather than edit it. After deleting the subject, when I try to recreate the subject, the program will not let me. It states that the subject already exists. Thanks again for the awesome program. It is the best !!!
Hmm, i tried to replicate this but was not able.
Can you repeat this behavior with another subject? Maybe, something went wrong when deleting the subject. I can try to repair the user.edb file manually if you want me to. Send it to me privately via email.

Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Addition to deleting and adding subjects

Post by csterg »

sapinkris wrote:In addition to this, the amount of notes I had added to the subject was sinificant. As a result the size of my user.edb file increased. However after deleting the subject, the size of this file did not decrease. It remained the same - so I think that the system removed the reference to the subject I created, however the subject still exists in the database. I tried the compact/repair notes thinking that this may purge the system, but it did not work. Since you are the program creator, you are probably already aware of these issues. I just wanted to document them so that they are fixed for the next release or two.
This makes me suspect that indeed there was something wrong with the deletion of the subject (and the actual content was not deleted). Can you repeat this behavior?

Costas
sapinkris

Post by sapinkris »

:lol:
There might have been a bug that day on my computer. I tried it twice with the same results. Today, I am unable to duplicate the error; and I can't believe it. In either case, it is working perfectly not. In addition to this, I always make backup copies of the entire directory, and was able to revert back to my old files. Thanks for offering to correct the issue! Please continue the great work.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

sapinkris wrote: ... In addition to this, I always make backup copies of the entire directory, and was able to revert back to my old files...
This is ALWAYS a good thing to do no matter how 'good' the software...
Costas