Define Module Sets bug

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
mathetes

Define Module Sets bug

Post by mathetes »

Discovered a bug when trying to define module sets under Linux. This had worked previously. Don't know when things were changed because I didn't make any changes to my module setups for a long time.

To see the bug, go to Define Module Sets. Now when trying to select a module with my mouse I discovered I could select some but not others. Took me a while to figure out what was happening. But I discovered that when the name of the module is too long to fit in the display box then a tooltip will pop up showing the full name. The problem is that the tooltip covers up the module name in the menu and clicking on top of the tooltip will not select the item underneath it.

Until a better solution is made, what can be done is to enlarge the Define Module Sets window and move the divider between the two areas until the full name can be seen. Then the module can be selected and dragged.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Drop-down lists in Book views have the same issue. If the title of the entry is wider than the list, you have to get the cursor all the way over to the left end of the entry in the tiny little space that is left in order to select it. This one has been an issue for quite a while.

Therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I suppose the issue is with linux: obviously, the tooltip that is used to display the entire topic that does not fit the window will not go away when clicking on it.
Unfortunately, i cannot fix this somehow. What i could do is to add options to remove these tips for long items, but then you loose this functionallity,
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Yes, it is a Linux only issue. I'm not sure what changed or when. It would be fine if there was an option for no tooltips or if the tooltip was offset.