Upcoming version will have 'fix' for Linux users

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
csterg
Site Admin

Upcoming version will have 'fix' for Linux users

Post by csterg »

Hi all,
although the first post in this forum says 'Linux not officially supported', I decided to make a 'fix' to a known issue in Linux. The Bible tree does not work under Linux and just displays a 'foo' node. The latest build (about to be released as 3.1.3 any day now as testing finishes) has a completely new implementation of the Bible tree in order to fix this issue; in functionality is identical to the existing, yet it is a completely different control/tree.
I would appreciate it a lot If anyone running theWord on Linux can test it. The beta is at the usual location http://www.theword.gr/files/beta/theword.rar
Thank you
Costas
therapon

Re: Upcoming version will have 'fix' for Linux users

Post by therapon »

Just an fyi, in Kubuntu 9.10, Wine 1.1.42, TW 3.1.3.1045, the Bible tree isn't broken. I don't use it a lot, I'm reluctant to give up the screen space for it etc, etc. I hope the fix doesn't break it :(

therapon
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

There is something strange happening with the tree. I haven't worked with it much yet but this is what I seemed to have found. As long as you can see "Genesis" at the top of the tree it seems to work fine. But when you click on a book and that goes to the top of the tree then every selection after that seems to select a node that is further up the tree instead of the node that was clicked on. For example, I click on a book (i.e. Joshua) and it opens that book. I then click on the + to expand the chapters. Because Joshua has enough chapters that the list of chapters fills my tree window it will move the node for Joshua up to the top of the window. Now when I click on Joshua 1 it will open Exodus 1, Joshua 2 will open Leviticus 1, Joshua 3 will open Numbers 1, Joshua 4 will open Deuteronomy 1, Joshua 5 will open Joshua 1, Joshua 6 will also open Joshua 1, but then starting with Joshua 7 it will open Joshua 2 and continue moving through the chapters in an n-5 function.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

mathetes wrote:There is something strange happening with the tree. I haven't worked with it much yet but this is what I seemed to have found. As long as you can see "Genesis" at the top of the tree it seems to work fine. But when you click on a book and that goes to the top of the tree then every selection after that seems to select a node that is further up the tree instead of the node that was clicked on. For example, I click on a book (i.e. Joshua) and it opens that book. I then click on the + to expand the chapters. Because Joshua has enough chapters that the list of chapters fills my tree window it will move the node for Joshua up to the top of the window. Now when I click on Joshua 1 it will open Exodus 1, Joshua 2 will open Leviticus 1, Joshua 3 will open Numbers 1, Joshua 4 will open Deuteronomy 1, Joshua 5 will open Joshua 1, Joshua 6 will also open Joshua 1, but then starting with Joshua 7 it will open Joshua 2 and continue moving through the chapters in an n-5 function.
tell me exact build number you see
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

It is Version 3.1.3.1047
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Similar behavior happens on my Windows 7 box. I am running the latest beta 3.1.3.1046

Darrel
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Darryl and Costa,

I have similar problem on a Win 7 box with beta 1046. Example: Expanded Psalms, expanded a (any) chapter with +, clicked verse and that verse would not highlight. Then clicked another chapter and would not go there. Went back to beta 1045 and all functions normally.

Roy
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fixed in 3.1.3.1048. Sorry, just an overlook on my side.
Can you pls re-check?
Please, remember that this is a completely new implementation, although it is identical (in looks) with the old one,
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

The fix works well for me on my Windows 7 box. Thanks Costas!

Darrel
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Just tried 3.1.3.1054 and the tree seems to be functioning properly.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

thank you all