[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 audio link under linux mint 17.3 using wine 

Post audio link under linux mint 17.3 using wine
I can't seem to get audio links to open mp3 files under linux mint 17.3 with wine installed. It works in Win10. I have the 1189 Scourby audio files in this linux directory /home/wsb/Desktop/KJV-Scourby/ .

I have also tried them in the Wine C:\KJV-Scourby directory. Nothing happens when I click the link, however when I double click the files themselves, they open and play. I am not sure how to specify the link to make it open in theWord. Any help would be appreciated.

Image screenshot of dialog box

Thanks.
Bill

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:36 am

Post Re: audio link under linux mint 17.3 using wine
Has there been any movement on this? I have built the mp3 files, built the audio commentary. Then when I click on the "Click to listen" I don't get anything! WineCFG shows pulse audio as the sound source, but I get nothing! Am I missing something or does there need to be something else done? Help!

Darrel

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:58 am
Profile WWW

DarrelW wrote:
Has there been any movement on this? I have built the mp3 files, built the audio commentary. Then when I click on the "Click to listen" I don't get anything! WineCFG shows pulse audio as the sound source, but I get nothing! Am I missing something or does there need to be something else done? Help!

Darrel

The situation is still the same. The links do not work for audio. I listen using the VLC audio player while following in the Bible text.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I was thinking the same. I currently run Peppermint OS9 with the latest release of Wine. All the latest distros that I use (Peppermint, Linux Mint Ubuntu Mate) are based off Ubuntu 18.04. I find TW runs very nicely in my environment, and the voice part really is not an issue of TW. But, sigh, I would still really like voice! :P

Darrel

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 pm
Profile WWW

Just checking to see if anything has surfaced yet. I am now running Linux Mint 20 and LMDE4 with wine 5.22 - and still cannot get the audio working. Anyone have any success?

Darrel

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:20 am
Profile WWW

Steve Mathetes gave some excellent help on getting audio to work in Linux. Now this is not the "cleanest" method, but it works!

Install a media player, such as VLC, in windows. Now click on your commentary audio link (in my case I have ESV Audio commentary, so I click on as an example Acts 17:1-34, then "Click to Listen") and it works! I now have audio playing on any audio commentary I have installed!

As Steve says, the next step is to figure out how to create a proper mime link to default to a linux application. That should allow windows audio to play through your desired Linux audio program. But this is a start!

Darrel

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]