[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Hebrew Vowel pointing in Wine on MacOS 

Post Hebrew Vowel pointing in Wine on MacOS
I'm using Cardo font for Hebrew and running in wine on MacOS High Sierra there is an issue with the vowel pointing. Some daghesh are offset to the point where they are not visible. I've attached two files for comparison. One taken from the screenshots on theWordBooks of the WHM bible module, presumably running under windows. And one from my computer running under wine. The differences are obvious.

I've tried many different fonts and so far Cardo is the best (some have far worse problems with offset vowels).

I've also tried using the native dll for unicode rendering. This made no difference.

Has anyone got Hebrew fonts rendering correctly running theWord in wine on MacOS?

Many thanks,

Chris

Attachments:
File comment: Hebrew fonts in Windows
hebrewFontWindows.png
hebrewFontWindows.png [ 39.63 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]
File comment: Hebrew fonts in wine
hebrewFontWine.png
hebrewFontWine.png [ 29.9 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:40 am

Post Re: Hebrew Vowel pointing in Wine on MacOS
I've raised a bug on wine for this https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44598

The Cardo font renders correctly in native windows 7, so it looks like an issue with wine, or with the MacOS implementation of wine.
I've switched to Times New Roman for Hebrew as the vowel offsets are minor and the daghesh are visible. The text does come out quite small, but setting the relative font size to +10 in theWord fixes that.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]