Verse ref. format inList view

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
JEM

Verse ref. format inList view

Post by JEM »

Would like to clarify the following with the current version

a) Can i customize the format of the verse ref. in List View (not short/long book names)?
eg. 1Thess 1:5 as 1Thess|1:5| - i'm aware this can be easily done with Copy Verse pref (F5). If i get the ref like this in list view,it would be so easy for me to change the book name in my language.
b). How can i add continuous verses to a list as separate verse (not in paragraph mode).

Is this technique (hold down ALT) still with current version?

A Word Macro may even be a rescue for me, if it is with some options to choose when i use ' find & replace ' with my language.
With Selection.Find
.Forward = False
.Text = "Gen" or "Genesis"
.Replacement.Text = "Genesis" also an option for short or full book name replacement
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With
@Costas: I still follow only your trick using Ultra edit to delimit bookname,chap & verse and changing the book names in my language using excel..vlookup.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Verse ref. format inList view

Post by csterg »

JEM wrote:Would like to clarify the following with the current version

a) Can i customize the format of the verse ref. in List View (not short/long book names)?
no.
b). How can i add continuous verses to a list as separate verse (not in paragraph mode).

Is this technique (hold down ALT) still with current version?
sorry, you cannot. You have to do it one by one. This was removed due to complications.

Costas