Linked Books?

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
mityeltu

Linked Books?

Post by mityeltu »

My current display has the NASB in one wondow and the TR in another. This way I can switch between the two to better understadn what is really being said by our Lord.

Sometimes, though, I need to venture into the OT for more clarification and, of course, the TR does not have text associated with any of the OT books. I then switch to SLT or YLT (I can't understand Hebrew at all - wish I could. I'd say it's all Greek to me, but I can understand Greek :D )

My question is this, can a particuar version say YLT or TR be linked to a certain main view? That is, when I am in the NT I want the second Bible window to always have the TR open and if I should switch to the OT I woudl like the second Bible window to have the SLT open automatically rather than having to click on it.

I know this is nit-picking. It's really not hard to click on the text I want displayed, I was just wondering if it is possible.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Linked Books?

Post by csterg »

Well, not exactly, but there is a small trick for it.
use the compare view to have both. This is not what you ask, but just a work around (of course a 3rd view is also an option, but i am sure you know that already)
Costas
William

Post by William »

I'm sure you're aware, but just in case: Don't forget the Septuagint for Greek OT
ALbeSh

Post by ALbeSh »

All those methods are great. The Compare view is one of the great assets of TW. However, sometimes I don't want to lose continuity and context by changing views, and have formatted a bible text as commentary. I use it two ways. This first might meet your needs, configured as end of verse links. When I want to get to some familiar English when studying, in my case Hebrew, I get a popup at the end of the verse. Also, configured as inline commentary, it's sort of a line-by-line interlinear.

The JPS1917 is at "http://www.esnips.com/web/MyModulesForT ... bleProgram" "JPS1917.cmt.zip"
mityeltu

Post by mityeltu »

Good suggestions. I'll try each and let you know which one works best for me. Thanks.