How to perform a silent/custom installation of theWord

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
csterg
Site Admin

Re: How to perform a silent/custom installation of theWord

Post by csterg »

Galuf1024 wrote:This might be better in a different thread, but would using the standard installer for everything but the ESV/ESV2011, and a dynamic download installer for ESV/ESV2011 meet the requirements? Thank you for all of your work.
I am not really clear about 'standard' and 'dynamic' installer terms here.
If you have played around with the installer of theWord you already probably know that you can tweak it to be dynamic (e.g. you can create your own interface, create an install.ini file and then invoke it with the modules you want and will run with those).

The only thing you cannot do is to distribute the actual esv.ontx.exe file, the end users will need to download them from the site here.
Costas
Galuf1024

Post by Galuf1024 »

Does that mean that ESV2011.ontx.exe is allowed to be distributed? If so then that is awesome. I have been trying to figure out the best way to include one of the ESV's in our custom USB stick / USB Installer, and potential CD installer. I only found theWord about 2 weeks ago, and I love it as a family Bible library. I am creating a Welcome Screen, and front end installer for exactly this reason. I am grateful for all of your hard work, and hope to someday be able to contribute to this amazing software in some way. You have made a great program, and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future.
Galuf1024

Post by Galuf1024 »

Just discovered something that I missed in my initial reading of the license. You will be getting an E-mail from me in the next couple of days with a request for distribution permission for the 2 media types we will be giving away. I have to put a CD cover together, and a 2 sided USB drive image set first.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Unfortunately the ESV and ESV2011 cannot be re-distributed, sorry. Almost everything else is OK
Costas