Apostolic Bible Polyglot Interlinear

Ideas and suggestions about new features
DarrelW

Re: Apostolic Bible Polyglot Interlinear

Post by DarrelW »

Or just toggle everything off except the English? Personally I am not sure of the need, but others might find it very useful.

Darrel
why1942

Post by why1942 »

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I could definitely use the ABP english version. I know the Editor-in-Chief Charles VanderPool was interviewed back in 2006 (I think this was the one I listened to) and the interviewer asked if they would put out the ABP English translation and he said no. I was disappointed because I think the English in the ABP is very readable for a literal translation.

So, if it would be an easy process and not time consuming it would be great. I do have the NKJV, MKJV and the NIV - though the English ABP would replace the LITV that I can't find for the Word.

The interview can be found here:
http://www.thekingdomcome.com/kingdomco ... 06TKCC.mp3

Here is a new interview I think this year:
http://thekingdomcome.com/apostolicbible2010
Last edited by why1942 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
why1942

Post by why1942 »

DarrelW wrote:Or just toggle everything off except the English? Personally I am not sure of the need, but others might find it very useful.

Darrel
Hi Darrel,

I actually don't see how I could toggle everything off except for the English. I was able to cut everything out but the Greek text, but this seems to be the base that everything else is added to. Maybe I'm missing something.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

why1942 wrote:
DarrelW wrote:Or just toggle everything off except the English? Personally I am not sure of the need, but others might find it very useful.

Darrel
Hi Darrel,

I actually don't see how I could toggle everything off except for the English. I was able to cut everything out but the Greek text, but this seems to be the base that everything else is added to. Maybe I'm missing something.
Well, there is no toggle for it, but one could be added to be honest. Let me look into it
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello why1942,
I should have clarified. I was posing that question to Costas, because currently there is not toggle to turn everything off except English. So I was querying Costas to see if it was possible to address the issue by adding a toggle.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:Hello why1942,
I should have clarified. I was posing that question to Costas, because currently there is not toggle to turn everything off except English. So I was querying Costas to see if it was possible to address the issue by adding a toggle.

Darrel
Well, it is doable. But i wonder if it gets too complex and it would be better to have a separate module.
Also, the search slows down in that case for the module (for technical reasons)
Costas
why1942

Post by why1942 »

Hi Costas,

That would be great. I think a separate module would be preferable, but it would depend on the requirements to doing it I suppose. I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure what it would take.

Thank you very much for looking into it.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

There is not much effort involved to do it, it's fully automated...
Costas
why1942

Post by why1942 »

That is great! I've always wanted the ABP in English.
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

I'd like to be able to read just the English too but I can see why the translator doesn't want to publish just an English version. I believe he is more concerned with giving someone the tools to understand the Greek and doesn't want people to get focused on what he gave as the translation of a Greek word and taking it as the absolute meaning.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, i need to wait for permission for that,
Costas
why1942

Post by why1942 »

Well I hope you get the author's permission. I would love to have a copy.
why1942

Post by why1942 »

Any word on the English text of the ABP? Just wondering if the author got back to you or not.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

why1942 wrote:Any word on the English text of the ABP? Just wondering if the author got back to you or not.
It's ready for release. Maybe even today; It was delayed because i was on vacation.
Costas
why1942

Post by why1942 »

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you for the effort and work, Costas. It is very much appreciated. I've been using the Word software for several weeks now since switching from E-Sword and absolutely love the program. Great job.