Greek and Hebrew Study tool

Ideas and suggestions about new features
jonathangkoehn

Re: Greek and Hebrew Study tool

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Is this working Darrel?

I'm thinking how an interface could be built that would generate this code via input.
Needs would be:
All lemmas available NT/LXX (Mathetes has data for this.)
Morphology for each of those lemmas. Or just all for someone to try. (This data could be built but it would be hard to find all the variations since we don't have all the Greek text possible)

So basically a simplified version would be.
All lemmas, then one could build the code based on the user input. Say noun, nominative, singular, masculine so then there would be generated a searchable morphology code with lemma.
m/λόγος@N-NSM
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jonathan,
Well, it's not only working but I love it and use it very much! While it is not the interface I posted earlier it is the next best thing. And yes (for me) it does work well.

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jonathan,
So are you working on the new interface version? It sounds like something I have been desiring.

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Not at present, I've thought about it. I've been more involved in new content. Keep it in your wish list though. I may revisit it.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hey Jonathan,
I've been revisiting past posts, particularly researching whether I need to pick up BDAG or use the equivalents I already have, and I came across this series of posts. I do really like the GrAnLexMorph module you posted and I use it a lot, but have you been moved to revisit the advanced search module we were talking about? I'd still really love to see that.
I understand you are busy, and you and Jon do a tremendous amount assisting Costas, and I for one truly appreciate it. Thanks for considering!

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

any movement yet?
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Greetings Darrel,
I think this would be a great tool, but having it locked into a module setting may make it not as powerful. However, there is a database being put together of Lemmas, Strongs, Morphology etc that would work well with this. Let me see if there is any movement there.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Thanks Jonathan, I appreciate it.