[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Deuterocanonicals 

Post Deuterocanonicals
You have a very nice program. I can't say how much I like the interface, but I'd like it A LOT better if it included the ENTIRE body of God's revealed Word (or at the very least allowed the full text to be imported). Please, please, please add this functionality.

Thank you and God Bless you for your holy work,
Theo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterocanonical

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 am
Site Admin

i am glad you find this program useful. Unfortunately the program is currently working under a fixed versification scheme (the one from KJV) and it is not trivial to change that.

But it is possible to have the deuterocanonical books as general books. At this moment there is no general book published but it is very easy to compile one. It is in my plan to produce a tool that will make easy for anyone to produce content like that.
Hope this is of help,
Costas

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post DeuteroCanonicals
E-sword (also freeware) has deuterocan. in the Douay Rheims and KJV. Have you tried it?
Until TheWord will have complete Bible must use both on computer. Like TheWord features very, very much.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:02 pm

Post Re: Deuterocanonicals
kannath wrote:
... but I'd like it A LOT better if it included the ENTIRE body of God's revealed Word

Dear Theo&Costas,

even if this forum is not intended for theological discussions, I have to say that I would be very sorry if the deuterocanonicals would be added.
All other scripture wasn´t a point of discussion, but these have been discussed since the beginning. They were created cause some Jews did not want to accept that the LORD was not speaking to them for centuries, until the first comming of the Lord Jesus. (Hos 1:6-9; )
It is clear, that they were only then defined as "canonical", when Luther denied rightly the existence of the purgatory. You need to have 2 Makk 12,44-45 for that and the false doctrine of praying for the death: Eccl 11:3 is stating clearly "...in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be."

Regards -
Hartmut

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]