Have ctrl-c copy book/chapter/verse/text by default

Ideas and suggestions about new features
hopeful

Have ctrl-c copy book/chapter/verse/text by default

Post by hopeful »

Hello Costas,

You are doing a great job! I use BibleWorks so much, but I'm drawn to yours because it loads MUCH faster, has much smaller footprint...the only way it falls behind is the number of keystrokes or effort required to search and copy and paste.

I already asked for single character search formatting on the command line like BW but here is one more tiny BW emulation:

If I highlight a search result text, ctrl-c only copies the text and verse number, not the book and chapter. It would be great to make book, chapter, verse, text the default and perhaps a shift-ctrl-c if one only wants the visible text without the book/ch reference.

That would greatly increase speed for many quotations.

Thanks many times over. If I make a million I will make a larger contribution!! Forgive my tiny donation :-)

Sincerely,
Hopeful
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, you can modify this.
Press F5 so the 'Copy Verses' dialog opens. From there, select the exact format you want for any verse(s) and click 'Copy and Close'. Now this format will be used for the search results also!

Costas
hopeful

whatever is selected with the mouse is AUTOMAGICALLY copied

Post by hopeful »

csterg wrote:Well, you can modify this.
Press F5 so the 'Copy Verses' dialog opens. From there, select the exact format you want for any verse(s) and click 'Copy and Close'. Now this format will be used for the search results also!

Costas
I did play with the F5 feature and tried every combination of preset and custom but still couldn't get:

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Presently only %r %t %n are allowed in the Header=

But if you allowed
Header = %b%c (perhaps allow all variables)

then I would add %v: Before Each Verse= %v

Which would give me Book/Chapter at the beginning of each quote and only the Verse #'s in the text - which is the default BW ctrl-c format.

But even then it would require F5 and mouse click on Copy and Close instead of just a single Ctrl-C - which is quicker.

Or even BEST OF ALL - whatever is selected with the mouse is AUTOMAGICALLY copied to the clipboard (with whatever format has been previously customized). That would be faster than ANY other software and would put TW far ahead of the crowd in this area :-)

Sincerely,
Hopeful
csterg
Site Admin

Re: whatever is selected with the mouse is AUTOMAGICALLY cop

Post by csterg »

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
Try:
- no header
- before each verse: '%v'
- at beginning of chapter: '%b c:'

Does this help? The only issue i see here is that a larger font is used for 'at beginning of chapter'
Costas