Research Development

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kathleen655

Research Development

Post by kathleen655 »

Are there any plans to develop 'Word To Go' that could operate in connection with a SmartPhone, I-Pad, Tablet?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Research Development

Post by csterg »

Νο
cw3theophilus

Post by cw3theophilus »

A good alternative for The Word on an Android environment (phone/tablet whatever) is Mysword for Android.
JG

Post by JG »

MySword is commercial software, for the full featured version.
There is another Android software called MyBible, and it is free and fully featured, being developed.
http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/7803- ... entry27586
http://mybible.zone/index-eng.php
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
cw3theophilus

Post by cw3theophilus »

I will certainly try Mybible, but I have been using the free version of Mysword for the past 2 years and am very happy with it, the few mostly non-essential features that are only found in the premium version don't really bother me because the all the most essential features are included in the free version already. I agree that their marketing strategy of having to give a huge set 'donation' to go to the premium version is not the best in the world, but at least there is no ads and you get a very good full featured app without going to the premium version. I have not tried Mybible yet but no other Bible app has come close to the bible study features in Mysword. What enjoy most is the full featured Bible study tools like Strong's numbers and definitions, Interlinear Bibles like HiSB, ABP, TRi, etc., dictionaries, commentaries, search functions, cross reference, quick multiple method Bible navigation methods, TTS, compatibility to multiwindow, etc.

And the best feature is that you can use Simple Bible Reader (another third party opensource free little Bible reader and converter program for PC) to convert Bibles from The Word, E-Sword, Zephania xml, Thtml, and many other sources to Mysword format (and also to The Word). So basically I have access to about double the amount of modules that already available in Mysword. I was even able to convert modules like NKJV etc. to Mysword.

However if I can get the same functionality from Mybible and am also able to convert modules to and from it, who knows, maybe I will switch over.
simonama

Post by simonama »

I saw you are looking for advice and suggestions on your research.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

A major difference between MyBible and MySword is being able to use books. MyBible developer refuses to incorporate books and book search, while MySword provides full search ability. I run the top-end version of MySword (one-time donation of $50) which has no limitations PLUS I can run multiple panels with ease. The search capability is also very good.

MySword is also actively developed. I don't agree with it being a commercially developed app, since it is a one-time donation, but to each his own.

I have used TW for many years, but since I run Linux and do not run windows I am tending to move away from TW (support issues). I lean heavily on Unique Bible App (which is multi-platform) and am pleased with it.

Darrel