"Bible texts" tab in the general "preferences"

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

"Bible texts" tab in the general "preferences"

Post by ErikJon »

In the "Bible texts" tab of the "preferences" window, I have about forty Bible translations displayed. Some are Greek, some Hebrew, some Latin, some English, some even Spanish. I can sort them alphabetically by the abbreviated title, or by the description, or by the font used (although I don't know who needs this option) or by the size (?) but the problem is that I cannot sort them by language type (e.g., Greek vs. Hebrew vs. English).

For faster visual identification, sorting and selection, I think it would be much better to have some way to group them automatically, such as by allowing the country-flag icon to appear beside each. If each flag appeared in its own column, we could click on the column heading, and immediately sort all the Bible modules by language.

Notice that you already have this system in place somewhat, in "Bible Search"-->"Select the Bibles to search". The window opens and each Bible title appears in a distinct color according to the language (e.g., English, Greek, Hebrew) Colorizing the text in this way, in the "Bible texts" tab of the "preferences" window, would be a great help, in the meantime, but allowing them to group automatically by color, would be even better.

I also think it would be good to be able to save the configuration of visible Bible modules as "sets," so that we could quickly load all Greek texts and remove all English texts at once, for example, without even having to search through the long list of strange abbreviations in order to identify each and select which ones to omit or include.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
RubioTerra

Re: "Bible texts" tab in the general "preferences"

Post by RubioTerra »

This feature has been requested before: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6490&view=next. It would be an awesome feature, in my humble opinion. As you mentioned, this shouldn't be too difficult, because the mechanism to create bible sets already is in place.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Yes, it has been much requested! I'd love to have Bible sets made available?

Darrel
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

1+
Leoram