Dialog font size don't follow system size

Ideas and suggestions about new features
rdwray

Dialog font size don't follow system size

Post by rdwray »

I am having a problem with TW in that the size of the font for dialogs like "insert/edit hyperlink", Book view search and Bible view search do not follow system font and are almost impossible to read on a high resolution monitor, why can't the hard coding be removed and allow it to follow the system as all other programs do?
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Dialog font size don't follow system size

Post by JG »

As I said in another post, I don't have a high dpi screen to test this...

Is there any improvement if in theword.exe properties you change the settings under the "Change high DPI settings"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

But I do have a high resolution screen and I am having problems with TW. I have worked for 3 days now trying to deal with the problems and there does not seem to be a resolution. The size of the font is burned into the program and the user does not have any control. What I have made here is a "suggestion" to release control to the user.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

Some screen shots would be more helpful in showing the problem.

I was and am interested in knowing what effect these settings (below) have for you.
0001 Jon theWord_2018-08-24_133624.png
0001 Jon theWord_2018-08-24_133624.png (43.65 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Screen shots would not do you any good because the resolution is going to change based on what your display has. I just found out something extremely interesting and I am waiting on a reply from tenforums (https://www.tenforums.com/general-suppo ... ost1444269), here is my post:

This is real interesting and I hope someone has an answer. The display has two places to scale the resolution - either from a predefined list or advanced. I have a checkers program that uses 640 x 480 resolution which gives Windows a belly ache when I select 125% from the list and it resizes all running windows to the same resolution and sticks them up in the left corner. Here is the kicker, if I go to advanced and set it to 125%, it does not resize anything. I would be very interested in the explanation on this one.

I am having a problem with yahoo server error on my email right not..........
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I have tried all the compatibility setting and they were not of any help. Finding the bug in Windows 10 1803 scaling was a big help, but I don't know what they will do next. At this point I can handle the issue of the small text in TW by going to 125%, but that is not a solution since I have, in effect, lost 40% of my display's capabilities; my screen was 1920 x 1080 and now it is 1160 x 630. Programs are running behind industry standards for computer displays because they don't check the screen resolution and compensate for it.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

The best I can come up with is a relationship between text sizes in the same images with the Bible view, the Hyperlink dialog's text is half the size, the problem being is the resolution of the screen these images are view on:

The text size in the verse is -1.
Context.png
Context.png (57.26 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Hyperlink.png
Hyperlink.png (71.96 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

One thing I did not say my screen was scaled at 125%.
NobSob

Post by NobSob »

Was the problem the 125% scale?
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

No, text in TW dialog is just small.