Suggesstion: Making Typing easier in Verse Reference Search

Ideas and suggestions about new features
JEM

Suggesstion: Making Typing easier in Verse Reference Search

Post by JEM »

Hi,

First, Thank you very much for this brilliant program. Would like to make a small suggestion in the area of Verse Reference Search. When you start typing on the text box, the following can be considered for an easier typing.

1.After Auto completion of book names, the selection shall remain on the book name in the text box.

2.By pressing tab/Right arrow, the selection shall move to chapter (assuming the chapter and verse are, by default, 1:1 and the format would be GEN 1:1)

3.The chapter and verse entry can be restricted automatically according to books.

4. Moving between Book Name, Chapter and Verses can be done by the keystrokes Tab/Arrows.

This is mainly for those who are using keyboard for verse ref. search feeling that this would be faster than the selection from the list of Books->Chapter->Verse.

Thank you.

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.
JG

Re: Suggesstion: Making Typing easier in Verse Reference Sea

Post by JG »

JEM wrote:Hi,

First, Thank you very much for this brilliant program. Would like to make a small suggestion in the area of Verse Reference Search. When you start typing on the text box, the following can be considered for an easier typing.

1.After Auto completion of book names, the selection shall remain on the book name in the text box.

2.By pressing tab/Right arrow, the selection shall move to chapter (assuming the chapter and verse are, by default, 1:1 and the format would be GEN 1:1)

3.The chapter and verse entry can be restricted automatically according to books.

4. Moving between Book Name, Chapter and Verses can be done by the keystrokes Tab/Arrows.

This is mainly for those who are using keyboard for verse ref. search feeling that this would be faster than the selection from the list of Books->Chapter->Verse.

Thank you.

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

These features are all there. But better!
press F4 to go to the box
For Genesis
you will only need to type ge and hit return

For Genesis 3
you will only need to type ge3 and hit return

For Genesis 5:5
you only need to type ge5 5 and hit return

Just a point to remember, you need a Bible selected that has the books in it.
Jon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Agree with Jon.
Also, as you type you don't need any spaces and you can use almost any char for chapter verse separation.
Also, as you type you only get valid entries, so you don't see 1John if you write John 8 (since 1John does not have 8 chapters).

I believe it works much better as is implemented.
Costas
JEM

Post by JEM »

Thanks Costas, Jon :)

It's Perfect as you explained :D . Nothing else required. Thank you Costas, for your every effort towards each and every micro level features and conveniences in TW that makes the user to read the BIBLE hours and hours without no strain. Ofcourse, thats the ultimate aim.

A Big God Bless You.

JEM
andley

Post by andley »

Costas,

But when I type in "isa 6" and hit return, TW3 goes to "1Sam 6:1" automatically....

I tried with "isa 1", "isa 2", ..."isa 5" ---- all of them worked, but starting from "isa 6", "isa 7" .... TW3 jumps to "1Sam " automatically ...

Thanks,
-Andley.
csterg wrote:Agree with Jon.
Also, as you type you don't need any spaces and you can use almost any char for chapter verse separation.
Also, as you type you only get valid entries, so you don't see 1John if you write John 8 (since 1John does not have 8 chapters).

I believe it works much better as is implemented.
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

andley wrote:Costas,

But when I type in "isa 6" and hit return, TW3 goes to "1Sam 6:1" automatically....

I tried with "isa 1", "isa 2", ..."isa 5" ---- all of them worked, but starting from "isa 6", "isa 7" .... TW3 jumps to "1Sam " automatically ...

Thanks,
-Andley.
The reason is that 'I Samuel' is defined as a valid book name, so 'isa' matches the first 3 letters.
The only way to change this is by deleting the 'I Samuel' entries from the english.lng file ("Book Search patterns" section at the end)
Costas
andley

Post by andley »

got it. Thanks!
blueflame

Shortcut for Isaiah

Post by blueflame »

Hi Costas, Andley & everyone else

If you type in ish for Isaiah it will carry you to Isaiah

Thanks again for such a great program to study the Word of GOD
Blueflame
andley