wider 'hit zone' for resizing windows, TOC dividers

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

wider 'hit zone' for resizing windows, TOC dividers

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I find resizing windows and (worse) the TOC pane is tedious because the 'hit zone' (if that is the word I mean) is too sensitive. I invariably have to move my mouse back and forth across the dividing line until the double-arrow finally appears long enough to resize.

Any chance of increasing these resize 'hit zones' so I can find them the first time?
RubioTerra

Re: wider 'hit zone' for resizing windows, TOC dividers

Post by RubioTerra »

I think this is a Microsoft Windows' setting, googling 'windows border size' brings many tips on how to made window borders thicker.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

RubioTerra wrote:I think this is a Microsoft Windows' setting, googling 'windows border size' brings many tips on how to made window borders thicker.
I don't think the windows border size is a factor here. I always have mine set way wide.

This is a function of mouse sensitivity. I've run into this in other programs, including beta tests (where I've reported similar issues in other programs, and those issues were fixed).
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am not sure this is that simple to be honest, although it should probably be.
Costas
petrosd

Post by petrosd »

I would recommend changing your mouse settings, especially if you are using a small screen size or have any difficulties with fine hand/finger motion such that it makes it difficult to stabilize a mouse pointer. Adjusting each piece of software is a lot more work than adjusting the mouse and/or Windows settings related to the issue.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

petrosd wrote:I would recommend changing your mouse settings, especially if you are using a small screen size or have any difficulties with fine hand/finger motion such that it makes it difficult to stabilize a mouse pointer. Adjusting each piece of software is a lot more work than adjusting the mouse and/or Windows settings related to the issue.
Your advice is good if I'm the only one who is having problems (which, based on responses so far, seems likely). If there were others it would make more sense to make a change in the program than to have x number of users make individual adjustments.

I'm not having problems with other programs. So if I make a global mouse adjustment in my system, everything else is going to behave differently even though I'm currently happy with mouse behavior elsewhere.

This is no big deal. I love theWord and can easily put up with this minor inconvenience. Thanks.
Rich

Post by Rich »

kenfhill84083 wrote:
petrosd wrote:I would recommend changing your mouse settings, especially if you are using a small screen size or have any difficulties with fine hand/finger motion such that it makes it difficult to stabilize a mouse pointer. Adjusting each piece of software is a lot more work than adjusting the mouse and/or Windows settings related to the issue.
Your advice is good if I'm the only one who is having problems (which, based on responses so far, seems likely). If there were others it would make more sense to make a change in the program than to have x number of users make individual adjustments.

I'm not having problems with other programs. So if I make a global mouse adjustment in my system, everything else is going to behave differently even though I'm currently happy with mouse behavior elsewhere.

This is no big deal. I love theWord and can easily put up with this minor inconvenience. Thanks.
I had the same issue when I switched to my laptop after my PC crashed. I took the mouse from the PC and connected it to the laptop. With the smaller screen I had a problem controlling the movement of the mouse. Adjusting the mouse settings fixed the problem. No other problems any of the other software.
Rich
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Rich wrote:I had the same issue when I switched to my laptop after my PC crashed. I took the mouse from the PC and connected it to the laptop. With the smaller screen I had a problem controlling the movement of the mouse. Adjusting the mouse settings fixed the problem. No other problems any of the other software.
Rich
Could you please be more specific about what mouse settings will help this problem? I have had 'enhance pointer precision' turned on for a long time now.

The place I am struggling with now is resizing table cell width.

Thanks.