"Module Sets" type of option for Bibles

Ideas and suggestions about new features
NorrinRadd

"Module Sets" type of option for Bibles

Post by NorrinRadd »

Dictionaries and Commentaries can be grouped for organization. It would be nice to have a similar feature for Bibles.
JG

Re: "Module Sets" type of option for Bibles

Post by JG »

This has been suggested over the years. I have no idea if it will be done.

Some thoughts though about possible other ways to a similar end result that are already there in theWord but perhaps not utilized.
You are able to make sets for compare view and these sets are common also to the Bible search view.

When else would sets be needed?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
As mentioned earlier, to be able to have "sets" of Bibles, i.e., Greek Bible, Hebrew Bibles, etc, allows to only show those Bibles groupings (like what Bible Analyzer does with its session manager). I like being able to have sets for the compare view, and I like being able to have sets for searching either Bibles or books. The only thing really missing is allowing manipulation of displayed Bibles. Granted one can go in preferences and turn on/off displayed Bibles, but that gets rather tedious and painful.

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

More tips;
I utilize the simple search box top left of Bible view.
I have suffix/prefixed the Bible abbreviations with square bracket and code for example.
[g] = Greek
[e] = English
[h] = you guessed it Hebrew
[#] = Strong's numbers
[m] = Morphology
[l] = Septuagint
= Interlinear

I know it is a bit simplistic when it comes to listing what you need but I find works. I just type [#] and I get a list of all my Bibles with Strong's numbers. Or [g] and I list all Greek etc
If I want to compare certain translations I make a set and use it. If I want to search those Bible it is simple because sets are available in the Bible search view. If I want to use a particular Bible in the compare view, I just click its link at the left.
I have the Bibles tabs in just one row so I save space.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
While it is not as good as Bible sets, this method does work quite nicely. And tied with Bible search sets should fill the gap quite nicely until Costas has the time to implement something different. Thanks for posting this! I am working with it now. I have created all my Bible search sets, named my Bibles. Now I can jump and search quite nicely!

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Good idea JG Thanks sir
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you want to categories like [l][g] for something like Greek LXX+# and Byz etc.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

That's the way I have marked mine. I have categories marked for everything a Bible supports, and then I have supporting Bible search groups supporting those marked categories. Plays really nice!

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

An addition to this excellent idea. Put 1[g]Byz2005 1[g]SBLGNT 2[e]NET2 2[e]NASB etc. the numbers represent the order you want it in then in reorder Bible text press Title. (Please note make sure you want to go ahead because once you do it the order will be reset.) I clicked on Title by accident and was frustrated then realized the potential. Now with these numbers all my [g], [e], [l], [s], etc tags are in order in groups! You can still fine tune the order but gone are the days of moving a Bible from the top to the bottom clicking Title does it quick.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Just a follow-up on this thread - What Jon and Jonathan suggested for grouping bibles is really good! While it is not bringing forth tabs, I can group all my Bibles by their function (Strongs, morph, lemma, etc.), and by their function (English, Greek, Hebrew, etc.). It takes a bit of work to set up, but when done it really plays nice! If you haven't tried this then you ought to! :wink: :o