Verse Copy Management

Ideas and suggestions about new features
John45

Verse Copy Management

Post by John45 »

Verse Copy Management suggestions:
Verse copying is one of my major reasons for using a bible program. theWord’s Verse Copy Management (VCM) is highly customizable, for which I commend you. However, there are a few modifications I would like to see implemented.
1. I would like the capability of entering a string of references and have then output in a block. Whether they are all strung together using manual line breaks (as MS Word terms them) or separated with pilcrows does not matter.
2. I would like superscript verse number capability such as Logos and Wordsearch have. I have experimented with the current ability to make the header and footer text larger or smaller than the verse text. I do not find that capability to be very helpful.
3. I would like some additional codes added that would allow me to choose when to turn bold off and on. Right now, I can turn the bold off or on for both the Header and Footer using “Bold text for non-verse elements” under “Advanced options.” This causes the reference to look like (John 3:16). I would like it to look like (John 3:16) [which is the way all my quotations now look] instead of (John 3:16). It seems to me the only way this could be done is to add codes that I could place before and after the %r and %t to toggle the bold off and on. The system currently available in TW is probably okay for many but having more control would be a better option for me.
4. I would like the ability to output directly to MS Word, which would be very nice. Both Logos and Wordsearch have this capability.
John
jonathangkoehn

Re: Verse Copy Management

Post by jonathangkoehn »

1. This can be done via the List in the Bible view
2. & 3. Have you looked at the advanced option drop down?
4. You can paste the contents of the Verse Copy dialog to MS Word, or other editors of your choice.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
John45

Re: Verse Copy Management

Post by John45 »

Thanks JonathanGKoehn

I am a long time user of theWord and asking for some modifications to be made to Verse Copy Management to make verse copying faster and easier.
Your first suggestion does not allow the manual entry of a reference or a string of references. It still requires navigating to each reference and adding it to the List.
Your second suggestion about Advanced Options does not meet the request either. I am well aware of what is in there.
Your third suggestion ignores my request to add a link that would automatically paste to MS Word. Your suggestion is no different that it currently is.

Thanks for trying.
John