Selecting more than one verse at once at bible-view

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Fannon

Selecting more than one verse at once at bible-view

Post by Fannon »

Hello Costas,

one more suggestion, i think a rather difficult one?

Would it be possible to select more than one verse at once at the bible-view? Means, when i select the text, just one verse is highlighted, even when i'm marking more text with the mouse.

This would mean, that more than one verse-commentary is shown in the comment view for example. Or in the right-bottom corner, more than one verse is displayed: 1. Könige 13,10-12 instead of 13,10 only. This would also help to copy more than one verse at once, without having to use the "copy verse" dialog.

Greets,
Simon
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Selecting more than one verse at once at bible-view

Post by csterg »

Fannon wrote:Hello Costas,

one more suggestion, i think a rather difficult one?

Would it be possible to select more than one verse at once at the bible-view? Means, when i select the text, just one verse is highlighted, even when i'm marking more text with the mouse.

This would mean, that more than one verse-commentary is shown in the comment view for example. Or in the right-bottom corner, more than one verse is displayed: 1. Könige 13,10-12 instead of 13,10 only. This would also help to copy more than one verse at once, without having to use the "copy verse" dialog.

Greets,
Simon
Hello Simon, sorry for the late reply, i missed this post.
What you describe is not easy.
'Selecting multiple verses' means different things for many functions of the program.
1. Concerning the highlighting: this is a known 'deficiency' that i have heard at least 3 times. The reason i haven't fixed it is because the highlighting of the Bible view is quite complex and would require a lot of work to do. It's in my list for the future
2. Concerning the sync with the commentary view: this is not feasible in the way TW is setup. I have already plans for enhancements for the next ver, but i don't want to talk about it now. To be honest if i had the time, i would push these in this version, but honestly it's not feaisble.
3. Concerning the copy: This is already implemented (if you haven't notice). If you select multiple verses and press F5, you will notice that the dialog initializes with all the selected verses. So F5+Enter copies the selected verses; this is fast enough,

Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

Hi Costas,

yes, i thought that it is not easy. I would also say that things like this should be waiting.. there are more important things to do.

3.: Didn't knowed that! Thanks!
(Maybe it would be an idea to collect all those helpful tips and shortcuts and put it into a "did you know..." help dialoge/database? )

God bless you!
Simon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fannon wrote:3.: Didn't knowed that! Thanks!
(Maybe it would be an idea to collect all those helpful tips and shortcuts and put it into a "did you know..." help dialoge/database? )
Simon
This is true and i have thought and wanted to do that myself. But it seems that the tasks are so many that many things get behind...
Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

Maybe you finde some people that can do stuff like that for you?
I think here a a lot of users that would like to do it. Collecting those tips and formulating them is maybe well done in the forum itself. So at least the content could be dropped of your shoulders.

Programming and integrating this feature in TW would still have to be your job, anyway...

greets,
Simon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Fannon wrote:Maybe you finde some people that can do stuff like that for you?
I think here a a lot of users that would like to do it. Collecting those tips and formulating them is maybe well done in the forum itself. So at least the content could be dropped of your shoulders.

Programming and integrating this feature in TW would still have to be your job, anyway...

greets,
Simon
Well, it's one thing for one to say that wants to undertake a task, and another to actually do :(
Although there are people willing to do things, it's not easy for someone to work on something that needs devotion, time and concentration.
Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

yes, thats too true. For myself i would not be sure i could have it. (My english is not good enough, anyway)

Well, we already have a tips&tricks section at the board. Maybe it works with many people half-devotioned well enough? ;) Maybe this is the Web 2.0 concept?

Greets,
Simon