Feature request: clear display of current book and chapter

Ideas and suggestions about new features
bjones123

Feature request: clear display of current book and chapter

Post by bjones123 »

theWord is a great piece of software, and I really approach Costas' hard work in creating it. Here's a suggestion for improving it: make the chapter and verse clearly visible at all times in a Bible view.

When I'm reading in the Bible View, the current book and chapter are clearly visible at the beginning of the chapter, as shown in item (3) in this image:

However, when I scroll down, the only way to find the current book and chapter is by reading the text in the title bar of the book view window, below (1), or in theWord's title located above (1) if the current book is the active window. Item (2) in the image illustrates this difficulty -- the only way to get context for what I'm reading there is to look above (2) in the rather small (for my older eyes) title bar of the window.

I would therefore suggest making the text of the book and chapter always visible -- here's a mockup in which the chapter and verse and clearly visible below (2).
JG

Re: Feature request: clear display of current book and chapt

Post by JG »

I just made this module for you to try. You will be able to view it in a few different ways as illustrated in the screen shot.
Set it as a commentary link
Set it in a small view
Set it as an inline commentary
Bible verse refs example useage.jpg
Bible verse refs example useage.jpg (579.62 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
BibleVerseRefs.cmt.twm.zip
(574.32 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
bjones123

Post by bjones123 »

Jon,

Thanks so much! That's perfect. By hiding window captions/titles and adding 50 pixels of left margin space, it works really well for me. Thanks again!

Bryan
Attachments
theWord_fixed.png
theWord_fixed.png (94.57 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
JG

Post by JG »

You are welcome
As an added bonus, if you detect all the verse refs in this module you will have a popup of the Bible verse to hand. I am sure you know you can get multiple translations in the popup or your default/current one, so it is quite handy.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
bjones123

Post by bjones123 »

Jon,

Thanks, good point! Again, I really appreciate your help.

Bryan