Beta and Hi-Res screens

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
John45

Beta and Hi-Res screens

Post by John45 »

I just purchased a laptop with a 3482x 2160 resolution screen. This causes everything in theWord to be very small. I know I can adjust the text size in the various panels, but that doesn't help the size of the menu labels, icons, etc. Is there a plan to address this?

I am currently running the beta version 6.0.0.1519.
John
RubioTerra

Re: Beta and Hi-Res screens

Post by RubioTerra »

I suppose you can remedy this by increasing your Windows global DPI settings. Do fonts in theWord get smaller than in other applications?
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
John45

Post by John45 »

I don't think that will work. I already have it set to 250% and the text in the windows of TW is extremely small. Yes fonts get much smaller in TW. I have numerous other applications that are unaffected by the screen resolution. That is why I asked the question.
John
csbrown

Post by csbrown »

DPI settings can be changed for a specific application. I find this helps for displaying theWord on a 4k external monitor. To access these, right click on theword.exe and select "properties" then select the "compatibility" tab. In the compatibility tab click on "Change high DPI settings" and try different settings for "High DPI scaling override". The attached image shows the settings I use.
Attachments
theWord_DPI_Settings.png
theWord_DPI_Settings.png (148.56 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks CSBrown,

This fixed the issue for me. I had used this with another program, but had forgotten about it.

Thanks again.
John